News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

wysiwyg

Started by anna.young, April 03, 2008, 11:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anna.young

I have problems with WYSIWYG???!!!![/font]
[/font]Congratulations on new cool features in SMF2!!!
[/color][/font][/font][/color]I get a complete mess in a preview if I try to change anything.

Only 2 first lines are supposed to have a different color and font...  :P

Let's see if it is the same in a published post
[/color][/font][/font][/color]
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

anna.young

Quote from: anna.young on April 03, 2008, 11:11:28 AM
I have problems with WYSIWYG???!!!!
Congratulations on new cool features in SMF2!!!
I get a complete mess in a preview if I try to change anything.

Only 2 first lines are supposed to have a different color and font...  :P

Let's see if it is the same in a published post...
[/left]
All this previous code can only be cleaned up in Modify mode, but the new mess gets created if anything new is tried.  In fact that "
" in a previous line is a leftover from the original post somehow...? Actually the code between "s is gone... ;)

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

SleePy

What browser are you using?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

anna.young

Thank you SleePy!
Firefox 2.0.0.3,

the only way around for me is to type everything first, design an action plan and then do the changes AND once done then don't make any more changes... ;)

Edit:  Actually Firefox 2.0.0.3, was supposed to be 24p, but it never 'took'

SleePy

So you typed it first then applied all the fancy colors?
Or did you type it and apply the fancy colors at the same time?

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ekfaysal

the same thing is happeneing for me
when i try to decorate words it gives me exactly the same problem like anna.young
i have tried it in all the browsers and im using silentwave theme

anna.young

Quote from: SleePy on April 20, 2008, 01:44:28 PM
So you typed it first then applied all the fancy colors?
Or did you type it and apply the fancy colors at the same time?

Makes no difference SleePy, I basically gave up on this great feature... it's not worth the aggravation...

karlbenson

I think Grudge said he had a function to legalise the html.

That maybe what is needed.

SleePy

anna.young,

we shouldn't give up. Things can be done to improve the editor as much as possible.
We do run into limits though and that is going to be 90% of the time browser limitations with javascript. The editor is powered with Javascript working the whole thing from an invisible iframe.

Do you mind quickly testing it on my site?
http://sleepycode.com/Forum/

You should be able to post as a guest there (but won't see the topic until its approved).
I run a more recent version of SMF (from SVN) so it may be possible its fixed.

karlbenson

Advertisement: