Are only "text" custom fields searchable?

Started by chris-j-d, April 04, 2008, 09:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris-j-d

Just installed SMF 2.0 Beta 3. I highly appreciate the integrated custom field option and that I can make the fields searchable. But this seems to work only for text fields, not for checkbox, radiobutton and select box entries. Is that a bug or does it have to be like that?

Let me explain why this is an important issue to me: In my forum I'd like to have a select box with a list of countries and make the members searchable by countries. Of course I could let them type their country name, but sometimes people spell them differently. It would be much easier if they (as well as the searchers) could select from a list of options.

Thanks for any info about this.

bros

chris-j-d

Bulakbol

Boolean variable is not searchable. It is re-evaluated for true or false. Maybe the radio button and textboxes are saved as 1 or 0.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Deaks

chris-j-d do you still need help with this?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: