Thumbnail on Topic Listing

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, April 04, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai-lupin

How can I manually define boards on which the mod should not be applied? What code would I need to add?

Thank you

sophi

This is a really nice mod!

I have installed version of the Thumbnail Topic Mod 1.1.

But;

When I am logged out there are missing thumbnails like this

In the posts the attachment is not showing either

When I am logged in I can see it all.

I would very much be able to see the thumbnails even when I am logged out.
How is it possible?

niko

Quote from: sophi on April 26, 2008, 07:56:56 AM
This is a really nice mod!

I have installed version of the Thumbnail Topic Mod 1.1.

But;

When I am logged out there are missing thumbnails like this

In the posts the attachment is not showing either

When I am logged in I can see it all.

I would very much be able to see the thumbnails even when I am logged out.
How is it possible?

I think it maybe because guest doesn't have permission to see attachements. So adding that permission would fix it.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

samurai-lupin

The the mod will need to be changed in a future release so it will display a blank image instead. I also do not allow visitors to view pictures as it takes away a lot of traffic.

Nyx

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 15, 2008, 08:07:25 PM
Quote from: samurai-lupin on April 15, 2008, 07:57:43 PM
Will there soon be a release where one can specify the boards on which to use this mod? Thanks!
That's a planned upgrade.

smf 2.0? please  :'( :'(

vbgamer45

Once SMF 2.0 final is released.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

madman71

Vb,

Do you plan on fixing the missing posts/thumbnail  bug for your first version of this mod?

vbgamer45

I would if I could figure out what causes it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

madman71

For those that want this  mod to work (show ALL the posts), there's an alternative for now.  Go here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=133417.msg888234#msg888234

As Vbgamer said, his Thumbnail topic was inspired by Nickos unofficial mod. While Vbgamer looks for a fix to get rid of the missing posts, follow the above link.  Just follow the steps carefully.  Im using Niko's hack and now all of my posts are appearing :)

And Vbgamer, you may or may have not seen this (you proably did) but it appears that Niko's hack had the same bug that you are experiencing (missing posts) and he got the fix for it.

It's explained here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=133417.msg888293#msg888293

maybe or maybe not this will help you troubleshoot this bug.

Im still hoping for a fix and plan on upgrading to VBs mod,  but in the mean time im happy with the other hack.

madman

vbgamer45

Fixed the bug with not all posts appearing thanks to madman71 and Niko for the fix!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dgandy

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It's like Christmas. :D I have wanted something like this and it is now working perfectly.
Thank you vbgamer! and also madman71 and Niko

madman71

Glad i could help guys. I really wanted this mod to work  :D

Garry1953

I run a little Art Forum, and this is a great addition for it.
Many Thanks.

Bancherd

I am having problems with damaged package.  Could someone please confirm?

Thanks.

Marcus Forsberg

Could you just attah the edited MessageIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.php for me, so that I can upload them to my server, couse my Package Manager don't work on my server, and I suck at installing manually..

Marcus Forsberg

Freaky O.o
Suuently the Pmanger works :)
Don't need help, anyway!

improv

Quote from: samurai-lupin on April 25, 2008, 10:06:15 PM
How can I manually define boards on which the mod should not be applied? What code would I need to add?

Thank you

Is it possible to do this ?
I really like your mods vbgamer :)

DLB923

I installed this mod on my forum and it works great, except for one problem.  I use multiple images in a thread and I can't seem to figure out how to set things up so it will distinguish the jpeg I want to use for the "main" preview pic.

For example, if I have 3 images in a thread numbered "image_1, image_2 and image_3," instead of getting image_1 as the main thumbnail (showing on the preview page) I get image_2 (or image_3) instead.

Is there any other way to designate which image will appear first?

Edit: Finally got the thumbnails to appear in the proper order through a lot of trial and error (which wasn't easy), but I'm still experiencing a problem when adding a rar file to some threads.  Doing so causes the thumbnail to disappear altogether.

NicolasB

Hello,

Cool script !!

Is there any way to keep the attachment image at the original size into the topic self and to have the self image resized as a thumbnail on the topic listing ?

Lot of thanks

Nicolas

Advertisement: