Thumbnail on Topic Listing

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, April 04, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locau

Quote from: NicolasB on August 21, 2008, 11:07:34 AM
Hello,

Cool script !!

Is there any way to keep the attachment image at the original size into the topic self and to have the self image resized as a thumbnail on the topic listing ?

Lot of thanks

Nicolas

I'm also looking for this modification, is possible to make the size of the thumbnail on topic listing using other sizes instead of smf thumbnail size?
What happen is that on listing i get a cool small thumb but inside the topic i prefer a larger thumb.

Can thisbe done ?

samurai-lupin

spikeweb

I am very disapointed as I would like to use the mod which sounds great but after installing the mod, I get the following error message when displaying a board :
Not unique table/alias: 'big'
Fichier: /myserver/mydirectory/.../Sources/MessageIndex.php
Ligne: 484

Any idea ?? Thanks in advance

I use SMF 1.1.6 ...

Adalla

Great mod, however when I try to install i get:

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/MessageIndex.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test failed

SMF version 1.1.6 as well. It says on the mod page it should be compatible...but I dont want to risk it.

Any insights are appreciated

vbgamer45

Quote from: Adalla on October 12, 2008, 03:18:36 AM
Great mod, however when I try to install i get:

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/MessageIndex.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test failed

SMF version 1.1.6 as well. It says on the mod page it should be compatible...but I dont want to risk it.

Any insights are appreciated
Most likely need to install it manually. Another modification has modified that file in the same place  and would need to be looked at.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

webking

http://www.internetvps.com - #1 Virtual Private Server Provider!

kassie

Mine is failing on MessageIndex.template.php also
For me its the Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic) mod which has replaced the first 'Find' needed in the MessageIndex.template.php
What can I do to get this to work?

vbgamer45

You can try to modify the code manually and add it before or after the sticky first post mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MarkS

any news on updates for this mod please

like changing the thum size with out it changing the attached image

and for it to show thums from all other post even with out side links

thanks mark

webking

How do I use this mod with SSI.php ?

I m pulling recentposts function in SSI and wish to use this mod to pull attachment image. How can I accomplish this?

I also like to pull the image, topic title, and a couple lines of content in SSI like wordpress.

Thank you.

I

fotografo74

New feature: if a user doesn't add a thumbnail, is possible to have automatically a thumbnail like attached image?
Thanks!
Antonio

webking

Please assist with version 2 beta 4 please please please. Everyone desperately needs it. I m one of them.

HR

Oddly there are some boards wher the attachments are there and it isnt listing...

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

vbgamer45

It only checks the very first attachment of each post.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

HR

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 05, 2008, 09:39:23 PM
It only checks the very first attachment of each post.
If this is the case (1.1.6) then why is the displayed thumb random? 8 images on the thread and it displays 6 or anything but #1

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

webking

It is almost a year and no update for version 2 beta 4? That's awful.

vbgamer45

Not really most mod authors are waiting for a final release of SMF 2.0 before porting mods over.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

nzmacro

Sorry to add to this VB, it is an excellent mod and great work from both of you.

So this mod always takes the image as being square or a horizontal, is that right ???. So if we have a vertical image, it gets squashed into a horizontal or square type image. Is it possible to add to this so that a vertical image stays vertical and horizontal stays horizontal ??

Next question. The thumbnail seems to be the same file size in KB as the original inside the post. Can compression be added to that thumbnail.

I can imagine they are not easy tasks to do, but I have to ask :). BTW, I do have one more question that you might not have thought of doing with this mod, but maybe you have ;)

Thanks for your time and effort.

Danny.

madman71

VB,

Quick question:

I have over 2000 attached images on my forum now with your mod running just fine.  However, i just got a nasty gram from my web host saying im using to much CPU (yeah, shared hosting).  Im thinking it might be this mod because it displays about 25 images per page. So, i need to do some trial and error testing.

If i remove this mod and then reinstall it later will the mod remember all of the posts with attachments?
I know the mod does not detect older attached images prior to installing this mod.

thanks agian.  And i hope it's not your mod.  If it is, i have to pay big $$ to get a VPN account and get off of the shared hosting plan that i have.

Im willing to pay the big bucks to keep this awesome mod on my board.

thanks again.

vbgamer45

It should not really hurt performance if I remember it is just adding one left join to find out the image.

Should remember all attachments since the mod is not storing any information and is going by the first image inside each topic.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: