News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Thumbnail on Topic Listing

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, April 04, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roshaoar

Can I ask - is the thumbnail retrieved from a saved copy, or is it regenerated each time?

Thanks

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

roshaoar

Thanks VB. Sorry I should have been more specific. For attachments - they're local, so presumably it's a stored thumb somewhere right?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

roshaoar

Ta, thought so. Btw very easy to make thumbs here, and just here, smaller. I added a non-existent class into the img tag, and added max-width css against that class.

Also fwiw, this will need a little tweak for use with responsive curve. RC looks for "<th scope="col" class="first_th" width="8%" colspan="2">&nbsp;</th>" but I think it's this mod that added the switch and replaced it with "<th scope="col" class="first_th" width="8%" colspan="', $context['show_thumbnails'] ? 3 : 2, '">&nbsp;</th>" -- also beyond that since there's now an extra column, the colspan css that hides stuff with responsive is a bit out. I'm sure you'll see when you get to it :)

roshaoar

I was thinking that a nice way to have this for images added using [img] without any performance hit might be to use an image proxy like this post - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527996.0

One of the parameters you can input is width - so if you added the thumbnail width size as the parameter that'd get a nice quick thumbnail without any processing on the forum server's end. Of yourse you still have to look through that first post, find first image and then create the url for the thumbnail version to post on the topic listing. If anyone has any snippets that look through the first topics like this does, that I could adapt to mod my mod, that'd be very cute...

-Johan

Blue-Suit

Ok when i try to install this I get the following

QuoteExpression #18 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'fac-forum.att.id_attach' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

This I think is because I am running mysql 5.7

Any advice?

vbgamer45

Not sure
try disabling only_full_group_by in MySQL?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Blue-Suit

Hmm I am not very clever with mysql, in fact stupid would be a great word to use,

so I did this

SET sql_mode = ''

And i still got the same results?

vbgamer45

I don't know as well this is something new I would check out some mysql forums or sites and post a topic on that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Blue-Suit

Well I went on the oracle forums and after 12 posts arguing between themselves on what I should do, I gave up. lol
I truly thought that after 18 months 5.7 would be out by now. Anyway I decided to install 5.6.23 as well as my 5.7 dev and uploaded the db after some twiddling it worked

Thanks!!!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wzol

Is it possible for the thumbnail to show not the first, but the last/newest attached image?

vbgamer45

Not currently you would need to modify the sql statement.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wzol

If you can tell me what to change, I will do it - but I suppose it is not as easy as replace ASC to DESC. :(

Yahmez

Hello,

I am having no luck disabling the thumbnail on certain/any boards. When inspecting the new setting it is unchecked for all boards yet displays on all the boards. I tried checking one, saving it, no luck. Then un-checking it and got the same results, thumbnails no matter what.

I am using version 2 of this mod which installed cleanly on SMF 2.0.11.

Thanks a lot for your time.

vbgamer45

Can you attach your sources/messageindex.php file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Yahmez

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Yahmez

Thanks vbgamer45.

OK, I replaced my MessageIndex.php file with your version, it removed all of the thumbnails from the topics, yet did not allow turning them back on. Same problem I had before (no control of which boards use the mod) but this time with them all not displaying thumbnails instead of displaying them. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement: