News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Thumbnail on Topic Listing

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, April 04, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Did you make any changes to the message index? Can I just overwrite the existing files with what's in the zip?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Yeah I think there are edits to the message index.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Dammet. I definitely have the worst timing ever XD.

Is there an easy way for me to do some sort of compare so I can manually update it? If not I will just have to compare the files in the mod individually and see how I fare that way lol.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

vbgamer45

Beyond compare is a tool that I use to find file differences works great.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Thanks VB! Appreciate the update too :D.

Jade Elizabeth

Did you upload the new version here?

Last Modified:
10:07 am Thursday, October 8, 2015
Latest Version:

vbgamer45

Reuploaded just in case. I think i just forgot to update version number
Version 3.0
+Added support for img tags inside the first forum post for SMF 2.0 thanks to br360
Setting to control height width found under Modification Settings. Use zero in both values to disable it.
!Fixed board level permissions to hide thumbnails

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

thegymforum

Quote from: Blue-Suit on May 17, 2015, 11:06:12 AM
Ok when i try to install this I get the following

QuoteExpression #18 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'fac-forum.att.id_attach' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

This I think is because I am running mysql 5.7

Any advice?
I know this is a little late to the game, but this was the right question and the next post had the right answer by vbgamer. Good job sir

I ran into the same situation today on my Mac 10.11 (El Capitan) and this is the complete solution

Since newer mysql and simple machine forum... errors on some queries with
QuoteExpression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'smf_gym.pm.id_pm' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

I logged into mysql command line:

mysql> [b]SHOW VARIABLES like '%sql_mode%';[/b]
+---------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value                                                                                                                                     |
+---------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| sql_mode      | ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION |

So, to remove ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY, I used the commands:

mysql> set global sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION';
mysql> set session sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION';
mysql> exit;

and it works.  Hope someone running into the same scenario as I did and found it in this thread, find the complete answer here now.

Jade Elizabeth

So I found a couple of bugs...I would really appreciate some love on this one so I can get it working! :D

1. When I create a new board and tick the thumbnail box it doesn't save the checkbox. It ONLY saves it if I am modifying a board. Does that make sense?

2. If I have a board with no attached images, only images in the topic it won't work no matter what. If I move a topic in there with an attached image it shows all the others right away. You can see that here:
http://www.colormeforum.com/color-me-palettes/ (thumbnails are on, but no attached images means it's not showing anything). Since stickying a topic with an attached image on it to get the thumbs to display would only show the first pages thumbs and look really messy I would love so much if you could look into this :D.

I'm using 3.0 on 2.0.11 :).

SMFHacks.com Team

Fixed one of the two issues
Version 3.0.1
!Fixed bug SMF 2.0.x not saving new board thumbnail topic settings
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Jade Elizabeth

Thank you!

Is the other one an easy fix or is there anything I can do to help?

vbgamer45

Second doesn't seem to be easy to fix.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

biggbigg

I installed the mod on the MinDI theme but cant find the manual edit for $context = array();  in the messageindeex template any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

vbgamer45

That edit is found in the index.php in the root of your forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 03, 2016, 06:16:40 AM
Second doesn't seem to be easy to fix.

I don't understand it myself but someone I have been working with says that the logic is off...it's searching for attachments and then running the script....so maybe just make it run the script if it's turned on in the board and also has the box checked for using the image in the first post? :D

JF3000

So for an image to be displayed you've to attach an image to the post is that right?

vbgamer45

Quote from: JF3000 on June 15, 2016, 04:27:13 AM
So for an image to be displayed you've to attach an image to the post is that right?
Yes in the first post of the topic.
Or a linked image

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 15, 2016, 09:21:19 AM
Quote from: JF3000 on June 15, 2016, 04:27:13 AM
Yes in the first post of the topic.
Or a linked image

But it will only display a linked image if there's one attached image post in the board you're looking at.

JF3000

Well I tried a linked image and nothing showed up. Seems redudent showing an image if one is attached. If attachments are disabled this mod doesn't work at all.

biggbigg

Thanks VBGamer got it working kind of.  It shows the thumbs now but its a skews the template of the forum a bit and the section where the thumb is massive and compress the rest and they no longer line up i will attach a sample. Any help appreciated.

Advertisement: