Thumbnail on Topic Listing

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, April 04, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Maybe but generally waiting for 2.1 final
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

pocttopus

Thanks @vbgamer45 for your response too... you are very kind.
I am testing on localhost RC2 for my new forum so suddenly everyone is starting to write about RC3 and here about final version.

My (next) question is simple, can I wait a little bit more for the release of final or RC3 version before going live with my new forum?

Thanks.  :)

vbgamer45

There has been a good amount of changes since RC2
1311 commits to release-2.1 since this release

Most people we  recommend grabing the github release. I would just wait for RC3. Just note changes that you make to forum when goes final will not be carried over you will need to uninstall/reinstall mods etc
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pocttopus

Thanks @vbgamer45, this is the link from github to download with the latest changes?
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1

Sorry for the offtopic, you may delete my messages if they are not in proper place.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tonywells82

I had to reinstall my Forum on a completely new ISP.

I just successfully installed the MessageIndex mod but I don't think I have my Icons folder in the correct place because none of the thumbnails appear.

Right now I have my Icons folder directly under my SMS Folder. Can anyone tell me where I should move it to:

http://www.tseatc.com/smf/index.php

Thank you,
TW

vbgamer45

One issue I see is guests don't have permissions to view attachments
So you can't see the images as guest on a forum such as http://www.tseatc.com/smf/index.php/board,25.0.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tonywells82

OK.. I changed that now to allow guests permission to view attachements.

I'm the Admin.. and I can't see any of the Thumbnails on Topic Listing.

Also, no attachments appear. Only their file name and when you click on it you get 404 - Attachment Not Found

TW

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 05, 2020, 05:03:29 PM
One issue I see is guests don't have permissions to view attachments
So you can't see the images as guest on a forum such as http://www.tseatc.com/smf/index.php/board,25.0.html

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

When you moved servers, did you use FileZilla to download the attachments?

tonywells82

No. I used the Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer software to build and their ftp to upload the data. Uploads went to the direct IP address given to me by HostGator. That's why I don't believe everything went into the correct place.

I can use cPanel now to move things around but I'm not exactly sure where the Icons folder goes.

Currently, it is here: public_html/smf/icons

Quote from: Arantor on October 06, 2020, 03:45:55 AM
When you moved servers, did you use FileZilla to download the attachments?

Arantor

But this mod uses attachments, are you using that icons folder for all attachments to posts?

tonywells82

Yes I am. I have 52 folders. Each folder has 3 png files inside them.

Like I mentioned, everything was previously working fine on my previous ISP.. that all changed when I had to recently change ISP's. Now it's not working at all. No thumbnail on topic listing images appear anymore.
TW

Quote from: Arantor on October 06, 2020, 01:29:01 PM
But this mod uses attachments, are you using that icons folder for all attachments to posts?

Arantor

Then you're not using this mod, you're using a different mod, this mod loads the first attachment in a topic and uses that as an image...

Sounds to me like you need the cbi mod.

vbgamer45

If you moved servers run the repair_settings.php tool
What is repair_settings.php?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tonywells82

You are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with the latest version of 2.0.17

TW

Quote from: Kindred on October 06, 2020, 04:41:31 PM
sounds like you are actually using this mod

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511

Kindred

it should work just fine....   I suspect that your images are in the wrong location.   Ask in the support thread for that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tonywells82

OK. I'll ask. Thanks.
TW

Quote from: Kindred on October 07, 2020, 09:19:49 AM
it should work just fine....   I suspect that your images are in the wrong location.   Ask in the support thread for that mod.

AlanDewey

Newbie here when it comes to themes etc.

I am changing forum theme to "Studio."

I no longer have the topic thumbnails showing when installing the new theme.

So I uninstalled Thumbnail Topic mod, and I went to install it again.   I get this error message which confuses me.  It appears to be the exact same file name that fails and also passes. 

Because I do not know what I am doing, I stopped at this point.

Recommendations will be very much appreciated.
Causing lots of electrons to push each other around since 1985.

Advertisement: