News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Colour variations ----- SOLVED.

Started by iceman~, April 04, 2008, 08:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman~

Would these color variations work with SMF2.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=64128.0

Need a Black color variation for the default theme ... Could anyone help ?
A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey

!Hachi!

its only images and css sheet.i checked it and its fine at user panel but admin panel is totally different so in some areas you need edit but its fine as you will be only one to see that on user end its fine.
Happy Ramadan

Celtic

After installing the black color variation the quotes dont have a grey background anymore, users dont like it and neither do I. What can I do to keep the colors and add the grey background to the quotes again?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Bulakbol

I think you can change the background from style.css. Look for .quote.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

iceman~

Thanks for the quick response guys.
When ever i use any of the above mentioned themes ...
I get the following error :- Unable to load the 'main_above' template.
And then i gotta visit " your_forum_url/index.php?theme=1 " to get it back to normal.
Any Help on using these themes without any error's .... They worked perfect on smf 1.1.4
please help guys ....

Bulakbol

Use only the images folder and the style.css. I tried it on version 2 beta 3 and no problem.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

iceman~

Quote from: JohnyB on April 06, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
Use only the images folder and the style.css. I tried it on version 2 beta 3 and no problem.

How do i do that mate .... do i make a copy of the default theme or do i overwrite the default theme, or is there some other way.
Please explain in detail if possible.

!Hachi!

annish as i said in my 1st download black.zip and unzip and copy all those files and paste in default theme where it should ask for overwrite BLACK.ZIP is not THEME file by it self its simple images and css.
Happy Ramadan

Bulakbol

The zip file contains a folder called images and style.css. Rename your original "images" folder  to "images_orig" and style.css to style_orig.css. Then copy the "images" folder from the zip file as well as the style.css. That's it.

iceman~

Thanks a Million JohnyB & Hassan .... Its just that i have been messing up so often of late, that this time i just wanted to be sure :) 

This topic is solved ...
Thanks again Guys ...

Bulakbol

Advertisement: