Search Engine Friendly URLs

Started by jabop, April 15, 2008, 10:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabop

I had this feature enabled for the life of my forum, but mistakenly just disabled it, and now lots of things aren't working. I have it checked to enable the Search Engine Friendly URLs, but the URLs are still php urls and not search engine friendly.

Can anyone point me to the specific php file that I can manually edit this option?

karlbenson

Oldiesmann

Quote from: jabop on April 15, 2008, 10:50:20 AM
I had this feature enabled for the life of my forum, but mistakenly just disabled it, and now lots of things aren't working. I have it checked to enable the Search Engine Friendly URLs, but the URLs are still php urls and not search engine friendly.

Can anyone point me to the specific php file that I can manually edit this option?

If it's still not working, then your setup likely doesn't support that functionality - SMF will not use those URLs if it thinks they won't work (this is done to prevent your forum from breaking if the functionality doesn't work on your server).

If PHP is running in CGI mode, the "cgi.fix_path_info" setting needs to be set to 1.

If you think the functionality will work on your server, try the Override SEF Checks mod, but be warned that your forum may not work if you install this.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

jabop

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 15, 2008, 11:48:00 AM
If it's still not working, then your setup likely doesn't support that functionality - SMF will not use those URLs if it thinks they won't work (this is done to prevent your forum from breaking if the functionality doesn't work on your server).

If PHP is running in CGI mode, the "cgi.fix_path_info" setting needs to be set to 1.

If you think the functionality will work on your server, try the Override SEF Checks mod, but be warned that your forum may not work if you install this.

My server supports it, it was working fine until I unchecked it in the admin panel. I can check the checkbox back to friendly URLs, but the urls are still php urls.

karlbenson

try clearing your SMF cache and see if that makes any difference

Advertisement: