News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Reset eveyone's theme settings via database query?

Started by <?netwire>, April 06, 2008, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

<?netwire>

Hello, I'm wanting to reset the theme that all members have selected by using a database query. The reason is that I have recently re-installed 1.1.4 using a backup after a crash and we now do not have some themes we once did and people are getting copyright errors from what looks like the classic theme (not altered in any way, just downloaded with webinstall).

perplexed

hve you tried resetting everyone's theme via the admin panel?

admin > configuration > themes and layout >  reset everyone to...

<?netwire>

Quote from: quiteperplexed on April 06, 2008, 12:42:18 PM
hve you tried resetting everyone's theme via the admin panel?

admin > configuration > themes and layout >  reset everyone to...

I cannot do that because my theme for my account was set to one that is no longer in place. When I login it takes me to the classic style theme with the copyright error.

<?netwire>

Hmm, I was poking around with the themes table and noticed that some of the values refered to old themes that where no longer in place so I changed them to the default ones... now the page loads blank. Any thoughts?

greyknight17

Do you have any mods installed on your forum or those that you don't mind reinstalling again? If you don't mind losing them and reinstalling, I suggest uploading fresh theme files again to make sure you don't run into these issues again. Use repair_settings.php and make sure that the database information is correct. Then click on the Recommended values. Save the changes. That should restore your forum back to working order. Delete the repair_settings.php file once you are done.

Advertisement: