Need some help creating a new forum

Started by Frantz O, April 08, 2008, 09:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frantz O

Dear simplemachines,

I am sorry if this question is crazy or if it should be posted somewhere else. I have been using a forum called hxxp:beemaster.com [nonactive] for quite sometime and love the ability and usefullness of it. I have recently convinced my other partners that we need to create such a forum for our clients/exhibitors to use and converse back and forth. In asking my friends on hxxp:beemaster.com [nonactive] the questions of how they did such a marvelous job creating their forum, they directed me to your site. Amazing!!! To say the least. I am just a humble construction oriented salesman that can handle some tech but not to much. I am amazed at what seems to be a plethora of information. I am looking to create a forum as I said. I would love some help in deciding what needs to be done, and would love to become a charter member or whatever to gain some advantages. Please let me know if there is a person in your organization that could spend some time guiding a guy like me through the process. We would be more than happy to pay for some consultation etc. I would love the chance to explain our plans for growth etc. and make sure we are starting on the right foot.

Thank you so much for your time.

Frantz Ostmann
COO
HomeShow Daily &
HomeCoach Owner Builder Programs

389 West 1830 South
SLC, Utah 84115
(801)-326-0480

H

Welcome to SMF, Frantz O

To start out you'll need a domain and web hosting (You might also want to check the Requirements). If you haven't already got web hosting I suggest you look in Hosts and Hosting or at WHT

Once you've got hosting you'll need to install SMF. You can either do it yourself by following the Install Guide or you can get us to install it as part of the Charter Membership program
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: