News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Help with DB error in SMF

Started by sntenced, April 08, 2008, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sntenced

Hi!    My problem...

I modified register.template.php in default theme, because I have Joomle + SMF + Bridge and I wanted to make people to register only from the bridge, so I changed register form in register.template with a link to bridge registration...

Little time after this, received mail from SMF: 'SMF database error!'

Now I go into the forum and it works, but when I click on 'view unread messages' or 'view last messages in forum' gives me an error:

"No se pudo cargar la plantilla 'Recent'" (SPANISH)
(Not able to load 'recent' theme)

Some users told me that it crashes too with with 'before' them

I uploaded old/original register.template.php but this error remains, I don´t know how to solve it, please, need help

Thanks

sntenced

Ahm... seems a DB problem, not from files, cause a restored original files.... any idea?

Rumbaar

I take it you are using a custom theme on the forum?  If you set it back to the default CORE theme do you get the same error?  Are people able to select their own themes and maybe one has been corrupted/removed?  When you uploaded all the original files was it to all themes?

Alternating the Register.template.php shouldn't have affect the template files that the errors seem to relate too.

Also are you running SMF 2.* BETA 3 Public with Joomla via a bridge?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: