News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RemoveMemberRank

Started by tinoest, February 02, 2011, 02:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinoest

Link to Mod

This Modification will remove the Member's rank if they have a custom title set.

If they don't then it will display there rank.

Before

After

Revised version attached.

NanoSector

Nice! A newbie and already having an approved mod ;D
I am trying hard to get an approved mod xD

I actually never thought of removing the ranks completely... Nice mod!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

tinoest

Its only if you have a custom title set.

Otherwise it will show the members rank.

Truts2

Chalky

I have just installed this mod and checked the box in Admin > Mod Settings to enable it, but it doesn't seem to have worked as I'm still seeing my rank and my custom title.  Any ideas?

TheListener

Quote from: Sabrinova on March 27, 2012, 05:59:13 PM
I have just installed this mod and checked the box in Admin > Mod Settings to enable it, but it doesn't seem to have worked as I'm still seeing my rank and my custom title.  Any ideas?

Have you looked at the ordinary members?

Chalky

Ahh ok, I just gave my guinea pig account a custom title (Yes I registered my guinea pig as a member  :D)  and indeed the ordinary rank disappeared.

So can I not make my own disappear?  I now have a badge that says "Administrator" and a custom title, I don't need the Administrator text as well.

Chris180

"Hide the users rank if a Custom title is enabled"

Unless I have misunderstood this mod, then it doesn't appear to be working for me.

Here is what I get on my account:

As you can see, I have my "12" custom user title, however, it does not hide my user rank. My user rank of "Forum Manager" still exists. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks :).

TheListener

Quote from: ChalkCat on March 27, 2012, 06:34:43 PM
Ahh ok, I just gave my guinea pig account a custom title (Yes I registered my guinea pig as a member  :D)  and indeed the ordinary rank disappeared.

So can I not make my own disappear?  I now have a badge that says "Administrator" and a custom title, I don't need the Administrator text as well.

I'm not the only one with a Guinea Pig as a member then?

:D :D

margarett

Quote from: SeeFoodDiet on March 27, 2012, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: Sabrinova on March 27, 2012, 05:59:13 PM

Have you looked at the ordinary members?

Quote from: ChalkCat on March 27, 2012, 06:34:43 PM
Chris, did you read this here? It seems that, for admins, it will always show the group.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: