News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

More Spiders

Started by SleePy, April 10, 2008, 11:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Link to the mod

MORE SPIDERS v1.2
Created by Karl Benson
Supported by SleePy

Link to Mod | Support Topic

[/h][/h][/h]
Compatibility
For SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public, 2.0 Beta 3.1 (and above)
It will not work for ANY earlier versions.

Introduction
Adds 77 more spiders/crawlers/bots to your Spiders section in SMF

Features
o 83 Spiders belonging to search engines, validators, checkers, crawlers, bots, software, etc.
- Including; Ask, Baidu, GigaBot, Google-AdSense, Google-Adwords, Google-SA, Google-Image, InternetArchive, Alexa, Omgili, Speedy Spider, Yahoo, Yahoo JP, DeadLinksChecker, W3C Validator, W3C CSSValidator, W3C FeedValidator, W3C LinkChecker, W3C mobileOK, W3C P3PValidator, Bloglines, Feedburner, SnapBot, Picsearch, Websnapr, AllTheWeb, Altavista, Asterias, 192bot, AbachoBot, Abdcatos, Acoon, Accoona, BecomeBot, BlogRefsBot, Daumoa, DuckDuckBot, Exabot, Furl, FyperSpider, Geona, GirafaBot, GoSeeBot, Ichiro, LapozzBot, Looksmart, Lycos, Majestic12, MLBot, MSRBOT, MSR-ISRCCrawler, Naver, Naver, NoxTrumBot, OmniExplorer, OnetSzukaj, ScrubTheWeb, SearchSight, Seeqpod, Shablast, SitiDiBot, Slider, Sogou, Sosospider, StackRambler, SurveyBot, Touche, Walhello, WebAlta, Wisponbot, YacyBot, YodaoBot, Charlotte, DiscoBot, EnaBot, Gaisbot, Kalooga, ScoutJet, TinEye, Twiceler, GSiteCrawler, HTTrack, Wget
(Remember SMF detects most Google/Yahoo/MSN bots by default)

It appears that most sites offering spider/bot lists have tonnes of inactive ones. I'm putting together my own lists by detecting them in the wild on my own sites. Plus any that get reported to me (after I've checked them out).

So if there are any ACTIVE ones I'm missing? Please let me know in the support topic.

Installation
Any previous versions of the mod does NOT need to be uninstalled.
This mod adds a row for each spider in the database only. It will ignore adding ones which already exist.
No theme edits required. No language strings to translate or editing. It adds database rows only.

Install and your done.
Note: Click uninstall to remove the mod from your mod list. But it won't remove the spiders from your database. You'll need to remove each one from your SMF Search Engines/Spider section.

For manual installation, just upload AddMoreSpiders.php to your SMF directory and run it in your browser (then delete the file).

Useful Links
SMF Package Parser (No you won't need this for this mod)
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Donate
Has this modification helped you? Support the developer by Donating

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.
(Please don't ask me to do the edits for you)

Changelog
1.0 - 9th April 2008
o Initial release.
1.1 - 4th May 2008
o Fixed Alexa/InternetArchive
o 25 More Spiders added (which have been detected on my forum in the past month)
1.2 - 20th June 2008
o Added a handful of new spiders which have been detected in the past month
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

SgtMic

There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Apllicmz

shadow82x

Works fine on my board. :P Nice work.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

D.S

I like your mod but I'm using  1.1.4

anyway , thank u karlbenson for effort

D.S

coldy316

will this mod work on the 1.1.4 boards? seems okay just disappointed that there
isnt one for the 1.1.4
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

karlbenson

No.
This mod only adds rows to the default 2.0 feature of search engine spider tracking.

However I use 1.1.4 on my own forum, and what I've done is used the spiders from this mod in the Googlebot & Spiders mod (replacing the existing spiders in that mod which may be a little out of date/doesn't detect the newer ones).
let me known if you want me to attach that as an attachment with some manual directions.

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

D.S

Quote from: karlbenson on April 13, 2008, 10:02:29 AM

let me known if you want me to attach that as an attachment with some manual directions.
Yes, plz karlbenson if u can that , I wish to help us

D.S

karlbenson

Ok here it is attached with manual instructions.

There are a handful in here, not in the more spiders bot yet. I've been waiting to detect them on my forum.

Edit: Updated attachment 20th May 2008 - v1.2

D.S

thank u dude for help me ..

D.S

karlbenson

Let me know if there are any problems.

I've been using it on my forum for the past week without issue.
And have noticed all kinds of different crawlers/spiders/bots on my forum.

I've now seen about 90%+ of all these bots on my own forum.  Including some more.  Like a Russian SE spider.  Not sure why as my forum is entirely in English.

sorosh1

karlbenson do you have the same mod for SMF 1.1.4? Awesome mod by the way!;)

karlbenson

As stated above. Its 2.x only because ALL this mod does is add more rows of spiders to the default 2.0 feature of search engine spider tracking.

There is no such feature in 1.1.x.

However I use 1.1.4 on my own forum, and what I've done is used the spiders from this mod in the Googlebot & Spiders mod (replacing the existing spiders in that mod which may be a little out of date/doesn't detect the newer ones).
That is what I've attached further above.

sorosh1

ok thanks i will do the same then:)

christicehurst

www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

karlbenson

RoarinRow

Very cool, thank you!   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

coldy316

whats the chances of you doing a version for 1.1.4 spiderbot updates but just the spiders only
something like an addon  to the 1.1.4 version..
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

karlbenson

I probably won't do it as a add-on mod to the googlebot mod.

But I'll continue to update the attached list (as long as my own forum remains at 1.1.4)
Its a single edit taking less than a minute to do.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=233636.msg1507179#msg1507179

Advertisement: