News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Integrate Lightbox

Started by quake101, April 10, 2008, 11:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estepp

Quake101, thanks for taking up this mod.

I'm wondering if you've seen this comment regarding Gallery Lite?

Any thoughts on how to integrate it, or add a link, so that users can see the image details or add comments?

Thanks.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Come visit FORUM: Lucidity [nofollow] for discussions on world events, politics, economics, and society in general.

quake101

Quote from: estepp on April 17, 2008, 05:30:21 PM

Any thoughts on how to integrate it, or add a link, so that users can see the image details or add comments?

Thanks.

estepp,

I haven't messed with the "Gallery Lite" mod but I'm sure you can integrate Lightbox into it. I might be able to recommend some changes if you send me a URL. Once I have an idea how to add it I may need you to attache one of your files so I can show you where to edit. I can't promise anything but I can at least give it a shot.

FragaCampos

Quote from: quake101 on April 17, 2008, 12:12:08 PM
Booo...
Does this happen with v1.4 also? What version of SMF?

Yep, i just confirmed that. It happens with v1.4 also.
I'm using SMF 1.1.4.

quake101

Ok, I'll add this to my "todo" list for the next release. :)

estepp

Quote from: quake101 on April 17, 2008, 07:52:12 PM
Quote from: estepp on April 17, 2008, 05:30:21 PM

Thanks.

estepp,

I haven't messed with the "Gallery Lite" mod but I'm sure you can integrate Lightbox into it. I might be able to recommend some changes if you send me a URL. Once I have an idea how to add it I may need you to attache one of your files so I can show you where to edit. I can't promise anything but I can at least give it a shot.

It looks like you can integrate it. That's why I included the forum topic link, which describes the work-around and the subsequent problem with it. It's from the original Lightbox thread.

The problem people are having is that the lightbox doesn't allow people to make comments - or see the specific file attributes that Gallery Lite lists. Either a link to view the image without lightbox, or a way to have the lightbox show the specs would be the solution.

What URL would you be interested in? My forum site is http://forum.projectlucidity.com [nofollow] (I do not have the Lightbox/Gallery workaround loaded, though).

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Come visit FORUM: Lucidity [nofollow] for discussions on world events, politics, economics, and society in general.

quake101

estepp,

Unfortunately the lightbox mod would not be easily integrated into the Gallery Lite with out a editing the Gallery Lite mod. You really have 2 options to make this happen.

1) Use a lightbox javascript that allows html/iframe and load the current full size picture page in the lightbox.

2) Use this mod and edit the Gallery Lite mod to to display 2 links. 1 link for the full sized image only and the 2nd link to the comments page.

The 2nd option would take less work but may be confusing to users. There might be other ways of doing this but may require even more editing of the Gallery Lite mod. I hope this information is helpful. :)

FragaCampos

Quote from: quake101 on April 17, 2008, 09:01:29 PM
Ok, I'll add this to my "todo" list for the next release. :)

Thanks a lot ;)

estepp

Quote from: quake101 on April 17, 2008, 10:08:01 PM
estepp,

Unfortunately the lightbox mod would not be easily integrated into the Gallery Lite with out a editing the Gallery Lite mod. You really have 2 options to make this happen.

1) Use a lightbox javascript that allows html/iframe and load the current full size picture page in the lightbox.

2) Use this mod and edit the Gallery Lite mod to to display 2 links. 1 link for the full sized image only and the 2nd link to the comments page.

The 2nd option would take less work but may be confusing to users. There might be other ways of doing this but may require even more editing of the Gallery Lite mod. I hope this information is helpful. :)

Thanks for the options and ideas. I'm thinking #2 would be best, just because I don't want too many scripts.  And, tweaking PHP is much preferable to me than working with JS.

Alpay

Gabor

Hi Guys,

I've got the same error with lightbox.
Í would like to use this mod, 'cause this mod is great, but when I get an error when i go to admin->packages.
I will post the error.
I only happens in IE7 not in Firefox ( the are the browsers i've tried )

Hope this is helpfull and you can help me.

Greetz Gabs

theDirector3

I also get an error in Internet Explorer, works fine on the Default theme, but not with the others.

quake101, i thank you in advance.

Quote from: Gabor on April 21, 2008, 04:47:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Í would like to use this mod, 'cause this mod is great, but when I get an error when i go to admin->packages.
I will post the error.

Greetz Gabs

[кѕ]ваηε-σ

Quote from: Gabor on April 21, 2008, 04:47:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I will post the error.

Greetz Gabs

crop that screenie and reupload to photobucket. it's too small to read.

Click my sig, I dare you. (you might enjoy it)

I have 1337 M0DЄЯΑŦ0Я ѕκιŁŁѕ.

Quote from: ваηε-σ, #lëñņðN`, мµŋτς[02:42] [кѕ]ваηε-σ: I just pwned microsoft and completely ghosted one hard drive onto another. Two computers with the exact same operating system, exact same everything.
[02:42] ⌠Ķζ⌡мµŋτς ©  / DarkForce: lmfao, XD
[02:43] *[Ҝﮘ] #lëñņðN` ¨εﮘ`: hahahaha, noice

Gabor

Hi  Bane,

Here is the cropped screenie but it is in dutch, so i will translate it.
I says : The website http:// hxxp:forum.gabsdesign.nl/index.php?topic=2.msg3 [nonactive] cannot open. The operation was aborted.

Hope this was helpfull.

Many thanks in advance

Gabor

SgtMic

Gabor, it appears to be a bug. You are not the only one getting this. The mod author is working on a solution.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

samurai-lupin

Hello,

this is a great mod I hope that the bug will be fixed soon.

I couldn't get the image roll  over to work when having an image set / several attachments in a posting. Or is there no lside show like image roll over in this mod? I had noticed that the mod contains several arrow images for this purpose.

Thank you

jmil

I am using Black45 Theme and when using the parser it indicates the changes in the template.php (No Problem to add) and the Disply.php - unfortuantly - the Black45 theme does'nt have a display.template.php.

Suggestions?

SgtMic

Your theme uses the default display.template
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

JayRoe

Great job. Hope you will be able to fix IE Bug.

samurai-lupin

I hope so, too. Because as long as it has the IE bug it is unfortunately not useable. Looking forward to using it on my website.

wjhdiz

Hi quake101,

Looks like that you got set of nice mod to carry on, congratulations!

For the lightbox, can you think of apply the effect to SNF Gallery? Should that work, I will consider to install the mod to my SMF.

Thanks.
Jimmy
Freedom of speech? It is freer if not speaking out.
Believing in God? Yes, talk with God every day through God creations.
Coding is poem and a way of keeping away from the troubled world.

Advertisement: