News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Japanese fonts problem - need help

Started by mkamimura, October 25, 2007, 01:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkamimura

I installed both Japanese language fonts package.  I still cannot post any message in Japanese.  It turned into ???? marks.  Any advice will help.
Thank you very much. :-[

sherpa サイバー侍

Shwat

Im having the same problem. Any advice?

Shwat

Thalskarth

Hi!!

I'm having the same problems... when i post in japanese characters in my forums, it appears ???

But, while i'm posting y use "preview" opcion, in prewiev window i can see que japanese perfectly... but when i post it, in the post i only see ???

my forum is hxxp:www.japannext.com.ar/foro [nonactive]

thank you

Daniel D.

Did you try to contact the translator?

Shwat

The translator? Im not sure I understand what you mean there.

Daniel D.

Did you contact the one who translated the files?

hipertekspeed

Im having the same issue with my new forum... i typed something in Japanese and shows perfect in "preview" but when I submit the post, it turns to question marks

any advice would be appreciated

Dannii

Are you using UTF-8? Does your output encoding match your database's encoding?

And FYI, the fonts you have shouldn't matter... if fonts were the issue you'd see squares not question marks.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

hipertekspeed

Quote from: Dannii on April 10, 2008, 05:56:14 AM
Are you using UTF-8? Does your output encoding match your database's encoding?

And FYI, the fonts you have shouldn't matter... if fonts were the issue you'd see squares not question marks.

i mean charachters not font, yes I did switch to UTF-8 but I dont know how to make it match my database' encoding.. i'm really new at this type of stuff. I appreciate any help!

Shwat

Quote from: Daniel D. on April 06, 2008, 11:35:54 PM
Did you contact the one who translated the files?

Which files?
Its a forum dedicated to Japanese culture and music, and they like to speak in Japanese sometimes.
Im also running TinyPortal, defualt language is English.

Shwat

Advertisement: