News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"Don't allow post text in notifications" not working...

Started by echelon3, April 12, 2008, 11:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

echelon3

Hi, I've tried having the box next to Don't allow post text in notifications checked and unchecked, but I still get the PM message in my emails. Not sure if this is a bug or just me....

I'm on SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public

SleePy

Is this still happening?
Do you have any mods installed?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

echelon3

Yup and I recently did a clean install. There are no mods installed. I suppose I can edit it's template to make sure...

niko

I think this option doesn't affect PMs.

In PersonalMessage.english.php

You could replace

$txt['pm_email'] = 'You have just been sent a personal message by SENDER on ' . $context['forum_name'] . '.' . "\n\n" . 'IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'The message they sent you was:' . "\n\n" . 'MESSAGE';

with
$txt['pm_email'] = 'You have just been sent a personal message by SENDER on ' . $context['forum_name'] . '.' . "\n\n";
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Advertisement: