Attachment Pictures Not Always Visible

Started by Cheese Head, April 13, 2008, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese Head

My forum is still young with few posts, I posted a few pictures as attachments in SMF 1.1 and problem where sometimes they would be visible and other times just the broken link box (small red X in top left corner of outline where the picture should be. The missing picture appeared to be random, sometime there, sometimes not. I tried repair_settings.php a couple of times but didn't seem to fix it so I just upgraded to SMF 2 beta 3 and still have the same problem at www.CheeseForum.org.

I did have a screw up where I renamed my root forum folder to Folder on mt workstation, SMF wasn't happy so I renamed back, but saw on server that I had two folders forum and Forum so I deleted Forum, maybe the indexer/database of attachments got confused?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks, John.

Fiery

Hello,

Did you try running repair_settings.php after you upgraded and ran into those issues?

Cheese Head

Yes I ran repair_settings.php after upgrading to SMF beta 2, things have subsequently settled down and picture attachments ar all visible, thanks anyway, John.

Cheese Head

Eek I was wrong, older attachments still not visable.

Looked on server in public_html / forum / attachments and the pictures are not there and the list starts with 132, older 131 attachments all gone!!!

Finally clued in to the problem, from an Administrator Account go Menu > Admin > Forum > Attachments & Avatars > Attachment Settings and check the Max attachment folder space setting. Mine was set at 5000 kb, ie 5 MB. Thus as Members were adding new attachments, SMF 2.0 was automatically deleting older ones, in my case 131 of them. Duh!

I've set mine to recommeded 0 (no limit) and will have to watch my host server file space somehow to see how much and rate of harddisk consumption I'm using.

Advertisement: