News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Themes And Screen Resolution

Started by *midnight*magic*, April 13, 2008, 02:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*midnight*magic*

Are Theme Authors making their themes with a screen resolution of 1024 by 678 Pixels these days instead of with a screen resolution of 800 by 600 Pixels?

I ask because on *a lot* of the themes I look at, I have to keep scrolling left to right and also some of the themes don't look right at the screen resolution of 800 by 600 Pixels.

I have a screen resolution of 800 by 600 Pixels because I have bad eyesight, and when I tested the themes out with a screen resolution of 1024 by 678 Pixels, the themes look really great with no left to right scrolling at all.

The only problem I found ( and it's a big problem for me  :( ) is that everything is so small with the screen resolution of 1024 by 678 Pixels, that I can hardly read it.

Can the Theme Authors not forget that there are still 800 by 600 Pixels screen resolution users out there please?  :(

I hope that you are all ok.

Take care
God Bless
*midnight*magic*
We're lost in a cloud
With too much rain
We're trapped in a world
That's troubled with pain
But as long as a man
Has the strength to dream
He can redeem his soul and fly, he can fly.

Gary

I'm generally starting to stop support for 800x600 because not used much anymore and 1024x768 has since taken it's place, and sometime soon, I'd expect that widescreen resolutions will soon become common place. Most laptops and LCD displays these days I see come with widescreen displays.

My only suggestion to make a theme compatible with 800x600 is to modify it yourself by cropping stuff out or reducing sizes of tables (etc) in the templates.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Deaks

Theme authors try and meet the largest audience they can, however with the decline on amount of people using 800 x 600 the main focus is no longer on those that do use it.  I know that theme authors will say they will work on it but end of day no-one does.  However making font bigger on themes is easy and also on your browser (in both FF and Opera).
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

*midnight*magic*

Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time out and explaining to me. I really do appreciate it.

I hope that you are ok  :)

Take care
God Bless
*midnight*magic*
We're lost in a cloud
With too much rain
We're trapped in a world
That's troubled with pain
But as long as a man
Has the strength to dream
He can redeem his soul and fly, he can fly.

Advertisement: