News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Change All Subjects

Started by vbgamer45, April 16, 2008, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron10

Quote from: NekoJonez on August 17, 2014, 06:45:25 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but I want to give the permission only to some people.

Change this part:

$context['can_changeallsubjects'] = $context['is_first_post'];

is_admin etc. depends which people you want, if it's admin also I think you can do that as well as the OP anyway.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 24, 2014, 11:10:19 AM
Update released
Fixed language issue and possible undefined index issue.

Did you fix the problem I reported above about it not keeping the "Re:" on the posts?
[/quote]

I've provided a fix, see my replies above.

NekoJonez

Quote from: Aaron10 on August 26, 2014, 10:21:28 AM
Quote from: NekoJonez on August 17, 2014, 06:45:25 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but I want to give the permission only to some people.

Change this part:

$context['can_changeallsubjects'] = $context['is_first_post'];

is_admin etc. depends which people you want, if it's admin also I think you can do that as well as the OP anyway.

? Could you explain a bit more plz.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Aaron10

Which people do you want to have the permission? Admins? Who else?

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Aaron10

Hmm I'm not sure how you would do that. As it is, anyone who's able to modify the first post can do it, so admins, super mods and the original poster. If you only want admins and super mods to modify it I think there's a setting in admin CP > permissions to disallow original posters editing the original post.

lemur21

I had originally set up my forum almost 10 years ago, and didn't touch the forum since then. A slew of issues (outdated PHP, support from the webhost, etc.) required me to update to 2.0.11 -- and now I'm functionally rebuilding my site from scratch (structure-wise). I've certainly forgotten a LOT of what I learned back then.

So far, I've update the theme (to Blue Star) and began adding some mods in -- the first one was Change All Subjects (because it was first, alphabetically), and -- of course -- I cannot get it to work!

I went to the parse instructions for 2.0.11, and every change listed was actually taken care of, via the installed mod.

However, al the instructions refer to either  /Sources (which I assume is universal, regardless of the theme) or Themes/default (which means -- if I was using the default theme, perhaps the mod would be working)? But none refer to custom themes.

In fact, in the directory for the theme I have installed, none of those files (in this case, Post-Template.php and some language files) don't even exist. Does the custom theme "borrow" those files from the default?

Even more concerning, I reset the forum BACK to the "default" theme to see if the mod had taken effect there, and still nothing.

So, before I proceed much further, installing more mods ... I figured I'd get to the bottom of the matter.

Thanks for any help!

Steve

Just to be clear, when you modify the initial post of a thread, are you saying the checkbox to change all subjects doesn't appear under 'Attachments and other options'?
DO NOT pm me for support!

lemur21

OK ... never mind :)

LOL - Apparently, in 10 years, I also forgot how to read!

I had thought this would change all subjects going forward (so, I could place a new reply, and I would be able to change previous subject lines as well).

Now that I see it - I see that's NOT what this does -- it's only the initial post.

On the positive side, apparently I have a LITTLE more idea of what I'm doing. On the negative side, I can't read and I like to waste people's time :)

Thanks!

Steve

No worries. It does change all the replies but only if the initial post is modified (as far as I know). As for what you want, check your PM.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dwev

What a great mod, highly recommended! ;D

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dwev

I was thinking of doing this through edits in the database. Doable, but not exactly the easiest way to do this.

This mod makes it two clicks away, much better!  :D

By the way: if possible, an option that this is the default behaviour would be even better (would save even those two click every time...   ;) ).

GravuTrad

This shouldn't be only a mod. I don't understand why this option isn't directly in smf itself, so logical option...

Thanks to maintain it VB. ;)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Dwev

I completely agree with GravuTrad, I find it very strange that this isn't the default behaviour.

And I also agree that it's great that this mod is maintained, many thanks from me as well!  :D

jack208

Just installed this mod on ver 2.0.15. Works fine. and have to agreed with everyone here this is a great mod, and in fact should be included as part of SMF featureset. Anyway glad that vbgamer45 has done this to share with us.

I do have a small issue. After installing, I found that my SMF site (default theme) has two "Change all subjects" permission lines under the [Moderate the Board] section. I'd thought there should only be one? See attached pic.

The help text for both permission item is the same = "Allows the member to set the subject of a topic with all its replies by edditing the subject of the topic post."

It didn't seem to affect the functionality ie I tested the following
1) enabled both - checkbox shown
2) disabled both - obviously checkbox not shown
3) enabled first, disabled second - checkbox shown
4) disabled first, enabled second - checkbox shown
5) enabled first, denied second - checkbox still shown
6) denied first, enabled second - checkbox still shown

The mod was not installed twice. Has anyone got this issue?

GigaWatt

Quote from: jack208 on July 01, 2018, 03:44:18 AM
and have to agreed with everyone here this is a great mod, and in fact should be included as part of SMF featureset.

Would agree with this too ;).

Quote from: jack208 on July 01, 2018, 03:44:18 AM
Has anyone got this issue?

Hmmm... I do have this mod installed, but I'd have to check, although I don't think I had this problem.

Actually, you're right, I do have the same permission twice.

These are the Global Moderators permissions. Let's see if the Local Moderators have the same double setting.

Yep, the same permission is shown twice in the Local Moderators permissions too.

What other mods do you have installed? Here is list of mine.

1. Allow Access while in Maintenance Mode 1.2
2. Enhancements to purge inactive members 1.3.7
3. Recount Member Posts 1.1
4. No Download Attachment 1.0
5. PM Quick Reply 1.9
6. Slash through Banned Usernames 4.0
7. Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag 4.9
8. Hide ip stuff for users 1.05
9. Avatars on Board/MessageIndex 2.0
10. Recent Forum Topics Boardindex 1.0
11. Change All Subjects 1.3
12. List Of Users In Forum/Board/Topic 3.0
13. Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.9
14. Contact Page 4.5
15. Favicon 1.3
16. Search Sent PMs 2.7
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

vbgamer45

Can you attach your sources/managepermissions.php file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

GigaWatt

If you were referring to this line of code:

'change_all_subjects' => array(true, 'topic', 'moderate'),

yep, it's showing only once.

vbgamer45

Try changing this line

'change_all_subjects' => array(true, 'topic', 'moderate'),

To

'change_all_subjects' => array(false, 'topic', 'moderate'),

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: