News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Change All Subjects

Started by vbgamer45, April 16, 2008, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoftAid

Hi,

I think there is a fault in the "Manual Change All Subjects - Installatie instructies voor 2.0.15"

In the file \\Sources\Subs-Posts.php there is a "ad text" to do:

Find:
global $user_info, $modSettings, $smcFunc, $context
Ad after:
, $txt, $language

In the Subs_Posts.php-file there are 3 items with the name ""global $user_info, $modSettings, $smcFunc, $context; ""
And adding the "" , $txt, $language, $txt, $language "" gives an error on my site:

QuoteExpect ' or ;

Notice the ; at the end of the original frase. If you just AD the string to the original, you get:

global $user_info, $modSettings, $smcFunc, $context[b];, [/b]$txt, $language
I changed this in:

global $user_info, $modSettings, $smcFunc, $context, $txt, $language;
and all went well then.
I did this to the 3 strings. Hope I was right so....  :o

Thank you for your help!

And thank to every one who is involved in making such a great program.

SoftAid
SMF forum 2.0.17
Dutch free computer help forum
Always welcome on Oplossing.be :-)

smartmouse

Hello, will this plugin be updated for SMF 2.1?

vbgamer45

When 2.1 final released probably.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dwev

Since there's again some activity on this subject I'll try again for something that has been asked before in this thread: is it possible to make Change All Subjects-option on by default. I'm changing subject daily on our Apple forum (thanks to Apple's strange spelling of lots of their products), and it's a pity that you have to tick a box each time of you want to have the subject changed on all of the reactions as well.

So I'm looking for a solution that ticks the "Change all subjects"-box by default.

Shambles

Just add the word "checked" to the input box within the template.

in Themes\default\Post.template.php
Code (Find) Select
', $context['can_changeallsubjects'] ? '<li><label for="check_changeallsubject"><input type="checkbox" name="changeallsubject" id="check_changeallsubject" class="input_check" /> ' . $txt['changeallsubject'] . '</label></li>' : '', '

Code (Replace) Select
', $context['can_changeallsubjects'] ? '<li><label for="check_changeallsubject"><input type="checkbox" name="changeallsubject" id="check_changeallsubject" class="input_check" checked /> ' . $txt['changeallsubject'] . '</label></li>' : '', '

Untested, but should do the trick.

Dwev

@ Shambles: thanks, that did the job!   😀 👍

(and your 'Just add' made me smile, hard to 'Just add' if you don't have a clue...  😉).

Michael Vail

I can't wait till you update this mod to work with SMF 2.2.1! I really like this mod!

Thank you!

jsx

@vbgamer45

Is there a chance you will update this mod for SMF 2.1?

Steve

Until vbgamer gets to this: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=3167 works just fine on my 2.1.2 ...

I do like the idea of a checkmark in additional options to rename all the posts that this mod provides.
DO NOT pm me for support!

jsx

Steve, thank you for informing me about this mod.

Steve

You're welcome. Like I said though, I kind of like the way this mod does it as well.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Steve on September 26, 2022, 08:42:45 AMhttps://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=3167 works just fine on my 2.1.2

It will not work on a smf 2.1.x if downloaded and installed as it is. First the version number must be changed to reflect the 2.1., and a minor edit as well must be made, which is needed to surpress an error that it throws with 2.1.

Steve

Advertisement: