News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Justify BBCode

Started by Nibogo, April 16, 2008, 11:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesky

Any chance for RC3 support :-) Thx

mirahalo

lol  I didn't even know the RC3 was out :P   thanks for letting me know, of course I will update this an my other mods to RC3 ;)

aw06

Nice Mod, this should be default in SMF
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

Quote from: aw06 on March 17, 2010, 08:41:26 PM

Any particular reason?

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on March 17, 2010, 08:44:07 PM
Quote from: aw06 on March 17, 2010, 08:41:26 PM

Any particular reason?

lol ... why have left center right and no justify, the fact that we are composing text would warrant the need for it at some point in time
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Arantor

Even forums with it installed by default don't really use it, hence my asking.

aw06

Quote from: Arantor on March 17, 2010, 08:48:25 PM

And you know this how ?? I have a forum where people post tones of articles and they were dying for this...

Reformatted text is what nobody uses
  :-X

Nibogo

Quote from: aw06 on March 17, 2010, 08:51:12 PM

And you know this how ?? I have a forum where people post tones of articles and they were dying for this...

I bet that your forum can continue without this BBCode but you're right there are some really useless bbcodes in the SMF Default installation like ftp, shadow, glow and reformatted.

If the mod exists and you can easily install it using the Package Manager I don't see why are you asking to have it included by default on SMF

Arantor

I've been around on forums for over a decade, seeing phpBB grow up from 1.x, seen so many forums I've lost count over the years, and seriously, I see [move], even [shadow] and [glow] or their counterparts in other forums, used more than justify.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have it but I'd be inclined to keep it out the core, personally.

Then again, when the discussion came up for 2.1, I was actually arguing for removal of ftp, glow, shadow from SMF core anyway...

Nibogo

Quote from: Arantor on March 17, 2010, 08:54:36 PM
I've been around on forums for over a decade, seeing phpBB grow up from 1.x, seen so many forums I've lost count over the years, and seriously, I see [move], even [shadow] and [glow] or their counterparts in other forums, used more than justify.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have it but I'd be inclined to keep it out the core, personally.

Then again, when the discussion came up for 2.1, I was actually arguing for removal of ftp, glow, shadow from SMF core anyway...

I have visited thousands of forums and really I never saw that someone has used the ftp and to be honest I haven't seen the shadow or glow more than 10 times, really these are useless bbcodes and should be removed but anyway we can disable those bbcodes in the admin panel and easily add then with mods

aw06

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 17, 2010, 08:53:08 PM
Quote from: aw06 on March 17, 2010, 08:51:12 PM

I bet that your forum can continue without this BBCode but you're right there are some really useless bbcodes in the SMF Default installation like ftp, shadow, glow and reformatted.

If the mod exists and you can easily install it using the Package Manager I don't see why are you asking to have it included by default on SMF

Well i would think that allot of mods can be removed and SMF Forums would still have funtinality :P

All I'm saying, it is standard measure for a text editor to have justify, the fact that they put left . center . right means they could have without hesitation put in justify, i have seen people use glow shadow, i guess when ftp was in people used it allot, is there a torrent bbc ?? i'd want that right now  :D runs off to search............

aw06

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 17, 2010, 08:58:35 PM

I have visited thousands of forums and really I never saw that someone has used the ftp and to be honest I haven't seen the shadow or glow more than 10 times, really these are useless bbcodes and should be removed but anyway we can disable those bbcodes in the admin panel and easily add then with mods

Yeah, i disable most of those useless suckers :P

aw06

I push allot of articles on my sites, so justify is well need to keep things in order
http://photojamaica.net/

Bugo

Quote from: 130860 on January 22, 2010, 08:21:04 PM
ok, cool, I'll add it as soon as possible, thanks.
Russian added?

mirahalo

sorry, I'm currently rearranging all the translations of the mods I maintain,  thanks for the reminder ;)

jkdove

I use Justify religiously.   I firmly believe it should be Default.        Glow...Really?

mirahalo

well it all depends on your needs,   for example, I need a torrent tracker, but that doesn't mean a tracker should be by default in smf right, the same applies to justify bbc or a gallery or prefix or any other mod ;)

Mike Draven

Hi,

I'll add polish (and polish-utf8 as well) translation to this useful mod. :)

$txt['justify'] = 'Wyjustuj';

iPhoneDestek

translation in german and german-utf8

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german.php">
<operation>
  <search position="end" />
   <add><![CDATA[
// Justify Mod translation by SirtLanVadisi.net
    $txt['justify'] = 'Justify';
   ]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german-utf8.php">
<operation>
   <add><![CDATA[
   ]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

translation in turkish and turkish-utf8

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.turkish.php">
<operation>
   <add><![CDATA[
   ]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.turkish-utf8.php">
<operation>
   <add><![CDATA[
   ]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

$$  Q u a l i t y    I n f o r m a t i o n    L i n e  for iPhone $$

<   M O D  |  T R A N S L A T O R  |  TO  |  TUR  |  A N D   |  G E R   >

Oya

so the word is 'justify' in english, german and trukish? really?

Advertisement: