News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0 Sunset

Started by chadon, April 17, 2008, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolhall

chadon,

I found a little bug. Time to generate the page does not show up, even if this feature turned on in the admin panel.

chadon

I didn't have this feature enabled and I didn't see this bug. It does show up but with black font in the black background.
I upgraded the zip file by moving it above the SMF copyright.
If you want to fix it yourself, you can modify the font or the background color in style.css or like I did:

In index.template.php find and delete this code:

// Show the load time?
if ($context['show_load_time'])
echo '
<div align="center" class="smalltext">
', $txt['page_created'], $context['load_time'], $txt['seconds_with'], $context['load_queries'], $txt['queries'], '
</div>';
}

function template_html_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

// The following will be used to let the user know that some AJAX process is running
echo '
<div id="ajax_in_progress" style="display: none;', $context['browser']['is_ie'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie7'] ? 'position: absolute;' : '', '">', $txt['ajax_in_progress'], '</div>';

find:
<a href="' . $scripturl . '">', $context['page_title'] != "$context[forum_name] - Index" ? "$context[forum_name] - " : '', $context['page_title'], '</a><br />
add right after:

';
// Show the load time?
if ($context['show_load_time'])
echo '
<div align="center" class="smalltext">
', $txt['page_created'], $context['load_time'], $txt['seconds_with'], $context['load_queries'], $txt['queries'], '
</div>';
}

function template_html_below()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

// The following will be used to let the user know that some AJAX process is running
echo '
<div id="ajax_in_progress" style="display: none;', $context['browser']['is_ie'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie7'] ? 'position: absolute;' : '', '">', $txt['ajax_in_progress'], '</div>';
echo '
<br />

poolhall

tkoenings

Thank you very much for creating the blank buttons. I'll give that a try.

I also need the spanish language pack, I need to check to see if someone has created one for version 2.0 yet. I think that people are waiting until this version is stabilized / mature.

Again, great job on the skin. The size of the image is an issue for me since I want overseas users to access this and bandwidth is not nearly as good as here. It is easy to reduce the image size, a program like photoshop allows you to "save for web".  Reducing the size of the image and turning on http compression brings the size of most pages down to around 40kb.

chadon

Two complaints about the size of that image, I guess this is becoming a priority :). I updated the package with a 44kb version of the same one and if any of you would like to update it without reinstalling the theme you can get it in the demo forum:
http://1000-ads-canada.com/forum/Themes/sunset/images/titlebg.jpg

I am part of the translation team and I know there is some people working on the Spanish language pack. If it's not available yet, it will be soon :)

Thanks for your feedback tkoenings.

chadon

If you had this theme installed in the beta 3 and recently upgraded to the beta 4 version of SMF you will need two extra template files.
You can download the ones attached here and place them in your /Themes/sunset/ folder. The theme pack in the download section has also been upgraded with the new files.
Thank you TheVDM for your bug report  ;)

baijianpeng

I found one thing inconvenient in Sunset for SMF 2.0 beta4: when composing a post, the Subject field is below the textarea, this is not compatible with people's regular habit.

Please move the Subject field up to above the textarea.

If the author really love the current layout, could you please add an option for us to move it up?

Another request:

At the top of the page, there shows welcome messages. Could you please add a new feature to show current user's avatar on the left of those welcome messages?

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

chadon

Baijianpeng,
I updated the Post.template.php attachment file in my previous post with a fix for the subject field location. The theme pack has also been updated.
I will see what I can do to add the member's avatar in the header and I will get back to you when I find a solution.
Thanks for your suggestions.

baijianpeng

Great ! I applied your new version and the subject field now appears above the textarea.

Thank you very much!

Another suggestion: Can you make that Extra Options link on the same page EXPANDED by default? Now it is collapsed by default and some users who are not familiar with SMF can't find the place to attach file and image. I think make it expanded is a better idea.

Thanks.

baijianpeng

Since the author is so responsive, I would like to report two bugs to help improving this theme.

1.  When enter the Admin backend, Sunset theme can't show those Admin images. Those images were in the Themes/default/images/admin folder. It seems that Sunset did not retrieve them from there but tried to load them from the own /images/admin folder.

2.  The footer of the page, "Powered by" should be in the same line with following text, but not. See attached screenshot.  Oh, my god, I just noticed that I can't attach files here. But I am sure you understand what I mentioned.

chadon

I understood what you meant with the copyright line  :)
Here is how you can fix it.
In the index.template.php file
find:
', theme_copyright(), '
add before:
<br />

I checked in my websites running with the beta 4 and this theme and the admin images are showing properly with the path to Themes/default/images/admin/

You can try to do the following test:
Access the admin page where the images don't show with the default theme. View the page source code and look for the URL path of an image that didn't show with the Sunset theme.
The path should be a full one like this: domain.tld/forum/Themes/default/images/admin/image-name.png
If you only have:
images/admin/image-name.png
then you have a bug with your installation. If the full path is showing with the default theme, let me know what version you have and I will look more into it.

About the expanded extra option link, I would also like to know how to fix it. Most of the members in my forum don't even know they can attach files and I have never been able to find a solution for that. I will try to look for it harder and let you know if I find a solution :)

I have been tring to find a way to add the member's avatars in the header today but I still have a hard time to get it in a correct location. I will keep you updated if I can get it done.

baijianpeng

Maybe the admin images error was caused by my bridge. I had integrated SMF 2.0 beta4 into Joomla! 1.5.7 by SJSB bridge.

Maybe the Extra Option expanding needs some Core SMF code to be modified. Hope the SMF developer team will fix this, or give us the option at backend to set it expanded by default.

Thanks for your kindly help.

chadon

I found a solution about the expanded option link. It was in fact easier than I tought.

In Post.template.php
Find:
// Code for showing and hiding additional options.
if (!empty($settings['additional_options_collapsable']))
echo '
var currentSwap = false;

and replace the word false by true.

Thanks for your question. Now I can do the change so my forum's members can post files :)

baijianpeng

It works at my website, too. Hahahaha !

Thank you !

Pete Penguin

I have just upgraded to 2.0, and I like the theme. Simple & I can use my site's header to blend n. However, when I go to post, it show 4-different boxes:

http://www.petespoll.com/forum/

just try to post, or reply.

MrGrumpy

This theme is over 3 years old and was made for an earlier RC version of SMF 2 and would need updating to work with SMF 2 final
the possession of knowledge is worthless unless imparted upon others
My Custom Themes
2.0 themes only - I don't do 1.1.x

kilbourncm

I'm in the same boat, 4 boxes, can't post. I guess the only thing to do is get a new theme then?

chadon

Sorry for the delay but the theme has finally been updated. I have been testing it all day on a production forum and everything seems fine. If you notice any bug, let me know.

Linda.V

Nice theme chadon and thanks for updating ;)

chadon

Advertisement: