News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0 Sunset

Started by chadon, April 17, 2008, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSmith

Great theme!    :)

We ran it on SMF 1.1. After we upgraded to 2.0 we also upgraded to the 2.0 Sunset. It looks and functions better than before along the added SEO, security and other features I'm very pleased!

Thanks,
Marc
Ephesians4Forum.org

Linda.V

Quote from: MSmith on January 02, 2012, 11:54:06 PM
Great theme!    :)
Indeed, a great classic theme!
Thanks again for the update chadon ;)

chadon

Thank you Marc and Linda, glad you like it. :)

MSmith

I would like to add a link to our facebook and twitter. Can we add it as a button in the upper navigation bar just under the banner? If so, how?

Thanks,
Marc
Ephesians4Forum.org/forums

Linda.V

Hello chadon,

I also would like to ask you 2 things about the header.

May I change the height of the header and if yes where can I do this?

I'd like to change the logo, colour the header and put on the left side my little logo, could you also tell me how to do this?

Thanks ;)

chadon

Quote from: MSmith on January 04, 2012, 11:31:12 PM
I would like to add a link to our facebook and twitter. Can we add it as a button in the upper navigation bar just under the banner? If so, how?
Hi Marc

This has nothing to do with theme files but you can find instructions on how to do this here:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0

QuoteMay I change the height of the header and if yes where can I do this?
Hi Linda
In the index.template.php of the theme's folder find:
<td valign="middle" height="261" align="left">';

And replace the 261 value with the one of your choice.

QuoteI'd like to change the logo, colour the header and put on the left side my little logo, could you also tell me how to do this?
I am not sure if I understand your question but if you want to replace or modify the header image, you will have to replace it by giving the same name to your new image and placing it in the same folder as the existing one:
yoursite.com/Themes/sunset/images/titlebg.jpg

If you would like to ad a logo above the header image and if Sunset is your deflault theme, you have to go to your admin panel under Configuration > Current theme  and enter the URL of your logo in the following field:

Logo image URL:
(leave blank to show forum name or default logo.)
If Sunset is not your default theme go in
Themes and layout > Theme settings and click on the 2.0 Sunset theme link.

I hope this helps.  :)

Linda.V

Thanks for your help chadon.

MotorCookie

This theme is what I've been looking for. I just need to make the forum width wider.
Forums are good.
General Discussion Forums
- http://pixeleater.me

chadon

To make the forum wider, you will have to open index.template.php, search for the following code:
width="950" and change the 950 value with the width of your choice. You will find it 3 times in the file and you will have to replace all 3.

The header image has also been set to be displayed with a width of 950 pixels so if you want to have a wider forum, this image will have to be replaced. I am sorry but I did this theme years ago and I don't have the original image to give you anymore.

Linda.V

Hello chadon,

I also would like to make the forum wider, can I than change 3x the width="950" to width="95%" ?

chadon

Yes you can use a percentage but you may have problems with the header image if the resolution of some computers is greater than the width of the image.

JohnS

Hi Chadon
I very much like the theme and I can match it into the rest of my site. But I have a strange issue which I will try and explain.
I just enabled some custom fields for registration, now when I go to look at the forum profile for anyone the fields are there but they move, for example the space between the top section and the custom fields keeps getting bigger by adding one line about every second.
This only happens in IE9, in IE8 the fields do not move but they are not lined up with the descriptions.
This problem does not happen in Firefox.
Have you any idea what this could be? Or any clue to where I should look.
There is no problem in the default curve theme. So I am assuming it is something in the 2.0 Sunset theme.
Many thanks
John

chadon

Hi John.
I never tried the custom fields with this theme but I will see what I can do. Thanks for letting me know about this bug. :)

JohnS

Many thanks Chadon, I have not had time tonight since it cropped up, but will see if I can look at it as well tomorrow. Must be something in the CSS I would think.

chadon

I see a little problem with the display of the menu in the profile page but I don't see anything wrong with the custom fields with IE9. Here is a link below for my test forum, can you tell me how it looks at your end?
http://1000-ads-canada.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1

If you don't see the bug, can you give me a link to your forum here or by private message?

JohnS

I have looked at the coding but it is beyond me, though there is a tick function set to 1 second intervals in that page, so that is probably causing it, but why I do not know.
I have PM's you a password as you will only be able to see it if logged in.
Thanks

chadon

I was able to reproduce the problem on your forum and on mine as well and managed to get a fix by removing the tick fonction but I have no explanation on why it is happening and what this function is needed for.  ???

The tick function is in the Profile.template.php file from the default theme so if you want to use my fix, you have to place a Profile.template.php attached here in the sunset theme folder. I can't say if it's a safe mod or if there won't be any side effects but it did get rid of the bug and if you plan to do it, it's at your own risk, I am sorry for not being able to be of a better help. :(

chadon

By the way, here is the code I removed from the Profile.template.php file, maybe someone will be able to say what it is for.

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
                                    function tick()
                                    {
                                        if (typeof(document.forms.creator) != "undefined")
                                        {
                                            calcCharLeft();
                                            setTimeout("tick()", 1000);
                                        }
                                        else
                                            setTimeout("tick()", 800);
                                    }

function calcCharLeft()
                                    {
                                        var maxLength = ', $context['signature_limits']['max_length'], ';
                                        var oldSignature = "", currentSignature = document.forms.creator.signature.value;

if (!document.getElementById("signatureLeft"))
                                            return;

if (oldSignature != currentSignature)
                                        {
                                            oldSignature = currentSignature;

if (currentSignature.replace(/\r/, "").length > maxLength)
                                                document.forms.creator.signature.value = currentSignature.replace(/\r/, "").substring(0, maxLength);
                                            currentSignature = document.forms.creator.signature.value.replace(/\r/, "");
                                        }

setInnerHTML(document.getElementById("signatureLeft"), maxLength - currentSignature.length);
                                    }

addLoadEvent(tick);
                                // ]]></script>

JohnS

Hi Chadon
Many thanks for this. As far as I can see the tick function updates the character count in the signature. Removing it should not give a problem but I am trying to seek some further information on this. Strange that it only affects your profile and not the default one, there must be some interaction somehow.
Thanks for all your prompt help
Best wishes
John

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Advertisement: