News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Upgrading to 2.0 Beta 3

Started by jedney, April 19, 2008, 02:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedney

Good Morning,

I have just upgraded to 2.0B3 and Half the text is missing.  Can anyone take a look and advise?  I've searched the forums but haven't found anything.

hxxp:www.nlgaming.net/forum [nonactive]

Soapster

The theme is incompatible. The language files have a different format now, so it doesn't work.

Rumbaar

As Soapster has indicated, a lot of the $txt[] strings used in SMF 1.1.* have been changed in SMF 2.*.  So you get a lot of missing text due to the txt strings no longer present in the language files of 2.*

If that is the only issue, you should be able to modify all the missing text to reflect the new $txt[] names in 2.*
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Bulakbol

Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Spike50

Just a quick question (2).....( tried to find some Themes for the Beta-no luck)

Anyone here know of a site where I can find Themes for the Beta 2.0?
and where is the mod for that cute spell check in Quick Reply?

The Beta seems to me to be faster than my old 1.1 :)
cheers

Rumbaar

You'll have to search a little bit to get any SMF 2.* BETA themes.  As it's still in the BETA stage and not even in RC stage I'm sure a lot of theme creators will wait until everything is fully finalized before investing all that time to update a theme.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Spike50

day-there

I would suggest you to wait for some more time before trying the themes which need to be tested better.
Autograph...

Spike50

I took my old Theme's css and used it on a copy of the default theme.. works perfectly.

Advertisement: