News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Email Problem

Started by NoFeaR / NFSMW, January 25, 2010, 04:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Hey guys i am faced with a problem. i have a website of an orginisation. We send out news letters and so on allot with a mailing list we got. Now the problem is that not all members of the orginisation is registered on the website. Is it possible that i can import a mailing list? I use the announce function on the forum and we post the news on the news board on the site.

Is there any suggestions?

phantom5

you can use a text file with all the email addresses you want to use, copy and paste the addresses into the newsletter with the other addresses and it will send.

after the last email address in the newsletter list just add a ; then paste the other addresses from your text file with a ; after each address

NoFeaR / NFSMW

I dont use the newsletter function. I create a topic, then i announce it. then it gets sent out to all registered members. The problem is that not all the ppl are registered. And they reply to the announcement email. Is there a way that they can reply to the email and it gets posted in the announcement, or that i cound edit what stands in the email. For example to give them a button to reply to the topic.

greyknight17

If they reply to the email, it will be send to YOU only. They will need to login to the forum to post. The only way to get this to work is to have them register to be members in your forum.

Advertisement: