News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Disable Template Eval

Started by SMF Customization Team, August 09, 2009, 01:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Quote from: Arantor on March 09, 2010, 04:41:52 PM
Norv: I originally wrote this mod, and at the time I had a template I used for all my mods, an example of which is http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1920

I used to just copy/paste the formatted version from the mod page to the mod thread so they were consistent, which also means removing the Link To Mod that would normally be added on mod approval.

On mod approval, whatever text is on the mod page, prepended with the mod link, is thrown at createPost to create the mod's thread. At that point it's a totally regular thread, so I just overwrote that with the template I used to use, which also meant losing the link at the top, because there was one in the template anyway.

When this was transferred to Cust Team last September, SiNaN edited the post and mod page to remove my boilerplate text with the links to the mod thread and mod etc (as well as the donate to me link) but for whatever reason forgot to add the link back at the top of the page.

Ah, I see, thank you for the explanations. I know it should be done automatically, I suspected the customize site of playing games. ;D
So the link was missing prior to my changes today, oh, I was hoping I broke it, but it seems I missed this one. I'll try with others. *sagenods*
So I'll have to check and eventually fix more mods who have this problem.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

gbsothere

Quote from: Arantor on March 09, 2010, 04:44:36 PM
gbsothere: Yup, only one box. But it'll show you *exactly* where the error is.

Like I'm going to know what to do with it, when it shows me where it is.   ;D
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Arantor

gbsothere: It'll tell you what line and what file. It's usually easier to backtrack an error when you know that :) I have it on for all my development work, including actually adding it to my one-click installer (I have this which is good for completely refreshing an install in a matter of seconds) for testing purposes.

Norv: I can't see anything that's broken with it :)

gbsothere

So, disabling the template eval doesn't mean that the error won't show up but that, when it does, it's a more precise description of what's going on?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Norv

Fixed.
I meant their support topic initial post, Arantor.

gbsothere: yes.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Arantor

Exactly it.

Often the template eval step will mask the true location. Sometimes it's not a huge issue and it's possible to backtrack without having to dig too hard, sometimes it's a nightmare.

Norv

gbsothere

I'm actually anticipating the error, then.   ;)

Thanks, much, Arantor and Norv! 

Am'

اذا أحس أحد انه لم يخطأ ابدا في حياته, فهذا يعني أنه لم يجرب أي جديد في حياته
My Mods For SMF 2 RC3 : XQuote XCode - Vbulletin Style New Meta Tags

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

See Admin > Server Settings, second option from bottom.

Also in RC2 public, though wasn't in RC2 Charter which is why this mod is tagged for 2.0 RC2.

Masterd

What will happen if I install this mod on SMF 2.0 RC3. I didn't read the description.   

Norv

You don't need it on RC3. It would be useless... since the functionality is already there. You can just uninstall it.

theiceman

Quote from: Norv on June 24, 2010, 02:18:09 AM
You don't need it on RC3. It would be useless... since the functionality is already there. You can just uninstall it.

where ? :/

Oya

Masterd

Quote from: Norv on June 24, 2010, 02:18:09 AM

Yes, I know that, but I forgot this post. I solved that.

snoopy_virtual

Another brilliant mod from Arantor that I didn't know.

Great work as always.

Anyway I have found a small mistake in the Spanish language. All the strings for spanish_latin are using html entities but all the strings for spanish_es don't. Also all the strings for Spanish (both normal and utf8) are encoded using ISO-8859-15.

As already discussed in the translators sub-forum is better to avoid html entities always and separate the language strings in 2 different files, one encoded using ISO-8859-15 and another one using UTF-8.

I have already done it to install this mod in my forums so I have attached it here (already corrected) just in case another Spanish friend has the same problem.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

snoopy_virtual

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

Advertisement: