News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Support Multiple Domains?

Started by FMSUser, April 21, 2008, 06:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMSUser

Hi,

I run my own DNS server which acts as DNS for the 'net for several sites I run. The problem is that my internal network uses the same DNS server for resolving IP addresses (not ideal).

Problem: www.(domain) points to my public IP address (1.2.3.4) so that computers on the 'net can find my site from outside.

I can only configure one www. for that domain in both my DNS server and in the config for SMF 2.0.

Is there any way I could configure the system so that it recognizes both the following:

www.(domain) and intranet.(domain) ?

IIS has no problem with this, but SMF does, as the forum works, but it can't locate the theme etc.. so I end up with a text-only presentation.

I appreciate this is probably a rare configuration, but it does exist as I'm running one. If there is a way to hack this so it works, I'm open to that, too.

Best regards,
FMSUser.

FMSUser

Hi,

Please delete - problem solved!!!

Best regards,
FMSUser.

greyknight17

What did you do to resolve the issue? It seems that there are a small handful of users that want to do this as well. I'm sure this will benefit them as well :)

Thanks.

rsw686

I'm assuming he setup views for BIND. You can assign an IP range to an internal view that gives out your private IP and and external view for all other IPs which uses your public IP.

acl internal {
    10.10.1.0/24;
    127.0.0.1;
};

view "internal" {
        match-clients { internal; };
        recursion yes;

zone "thereptilefile.com" {
                type master;
                file "data/thereptilefile.com.i.zone";
                allow-transfer { none; };
        };