News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No Attachments at all ?

Started by Kamo, April 22, 2008, 10:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Nope, I do however see the standard check marks for making the topic sticky, locking, etc.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Rumbaar

Even as Admin you don't see this attachment options?
Quote from: karlbenson on April 22, 2008, 10:53:54 AM
Are attachments enabled in the Attachments section.
Admin > Attachments
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 08, 2008, 08:30:58 AM
Even as Admin you don't see this attachment options?
Quote from: karlbenson on April 22, 2008, 10:53:54 AM
Are attachments enabled in the Attachments section.
Admin > Attachments

I have the exact same problem. Even as admin, i cant see the attachment option under additional options. I can see the sticky, announce topic etc, but dont have the browse option for the attachments.
All attachments are enabled and encrypt also checked. But still no one can see attachment option. We would like some help from the experts on this one.

Thanks

Rumbaar

Are you using custom theme?  Or have altered the default CORE theme?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 10, 2008, 06:14:26 PM
Are you using custom theme?  Or have altered the default CORE theme?

Using a theme from SMF community site, which was built for SMF 2 beta 3.1.

The theme is called outline , (Theme by DzinerStudio )

If this helps. Thanks

Rumbaar

If you set your theme back to the base Default core does it still not appear?

What mods have you installed?  Have you performed any customizations to the theme?

[ Themes ]

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 11, 2008, 03:55:46 AM

What mods have you installed?  Have you performed any customizations to the theme?

The only mods that i have installed in the

neonnes shoutbox

I will try the restore to default theme and let you know.

mark299

Quote from: mark299 on June 11, 2008, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: Rumbaar on June 11, 2008, 03:55:46 AM

The only mods that i have installed in the

neonnes shoutbox

I will try the restore to default theme and let you know.

I even tried to go to the default theme, and i still have the same problem. I need someone to help me on this please. I request the support staff to please try and help me and help the SMF project by fixing this bug.

If you need access etc, please contact me by PM and i am willing to create a admin account and give you access to check the problem. Thanks

Rumbaar

I wouldn't say it's a bug with SMF, but a issue with your current install.

Are you sure you haven't set the board to local permissions and disabled the attachment area.  Setup a test account in a membergroup that has confirmed attachment rights and we can take a look.

Also you don't have to 'restore' the default theme, or shouldn't have too, just type index.php?theme=1 and it should temporarily use the default theme to test.

[ Themes ]

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 11, 2008, 05:52:44 PM
I wouldn't say it's a bug with SMF, but a issue with your current install.

Are you sure you haven't set the board to local permissions and disabled the attachment area.  Setup a test account in a membergroup that has confirmed attachment rights and we can take a look.

Also you don't have to 'restore' the default theme, or shouldn't have too, just type index.php?theme=1 and it should temporarily use the default theme to test.

Thanks mate, please check your PM, i have created a new account for you to test. Also, the option for user changing profile is disabled, and all options are enabled by admin, and even admin cannot get attachments. So there is definitely a problem somewhere. I have sent a pm with details

Rumbaar

Well I could have created my own account, that's why I asked for a test one.  But anyways..

You say it worked before, but just stopped displaying?  So what happened at the time of this event?  Are you the only Administrator?  The fact old ones are displaying would mean they are still there, but the option to attach them would be a separate thing anyway.

[ Themes ]

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 11, 2008, 08:28:02 PM
Well I could have created my own account, that's why I asked for a test one.  But anyways..

You say it worked before, but just stopped displaying?  So what happened at the time of this event?  Are you the only Administrator?  The fact old ones are displaying would mean they are still there, but the option to attach them would be a separate thing anyway.

There are other admins as well. The attachments were enabled for everyone from the beginning. It worked fine for some time, then all of a sudden the browse option in the Additional options just vanished. Even though the files already attached are there, we are not able to attach new files, as that options is not there. So can you please help.

Rumbaar

Well you haven't really given any more details/info :)  There is little I can do as a normal user, could I ask for a temporary Admin account so I can check a few things?

[ Themes ]

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 12, 2008, 05:54:04 PM
Well you haven't really given any more details/info :)  There is little I can do as a normal user, could I ask for a temporary Admin account so I can check a few things?

I have made your account an admin now, its the same details i sent you via PM. Please do the needful. Thanks

Rumbaar

Ah, I found the issue.  Which appears to be a bug with 2.0 3.1 BETA.

In the attachment settings for Max number of attachments per post (0 for no limit), you can't actually have zero (0) it will no longer display the attachment section in posts now.

I altered that to greater than zero and it all appeared again.

[ Themes ]

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

mark299

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 13, 2008, 01:02:01 AM
Ah, I found the issue.  Which appears to be a bug with 2.0 3.1 BETA.

In the attachment settings for Max number of attachments per post (0 for no limit), you can't actually have zero (0) it will no longer display the attachment section in posts now.

I altered that to greater than zero and it all appeared again.

Wowww, awesome, You are a legend. I am glad you found it and also that its a bug. Good to know that i could help to make SMF better. Thanks a lot for the help. :D

Rumbaar

You're welcome.  Well it looks like a known and fixed bug, hopefully it will make it into the next public build.

[ Themes ]

JayBachatero

I provided the fix in the other tpic that I linked to.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: