News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

check: is it complicated to upgrade? and is SMF2.0 beta 3 worth a try now?

Started by stageducky, April 22, 2008, 03:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stageducky

Hi there,

For you all who have installed the SMF2.0 beta 3 public release version. I know this is a beta so there will still be bugs.

As compare with 1.1.4 what are the biggest different and is it worth making the switch now and how complicated would that be?

Kindred

there are a lot of changes. Please read the announcement thread for details.

upgrading is easy... but making the switch now or later is up to you. If you arew comfortable running a beta, with known issues... and are comfortable making code changes on your own as the fixes become known, then go ahead.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rsw686

I made the switch over mainly for the built in subscriptions. However now that I have upgraded all the small features stand out and I prefer it over 1.1.4. I have only run across a few bugs, none that are show stoppers.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

Rumbaar

The upgrade process, for the most part, is quite easy.  But it also will depend on your current status of your forum.  If you have a large number of customization, themes and/or 'issues' it will be complicated.

If you are using mods and custom themes I would hold off on upgrading, unless like rsw686, it has a key feature you want and need now.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: