Help: Print pictures in post can not be printed and also pdf print.

Started by wjhdiz, April 26, 2008, 01:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjhdiz

Hi,

This has been a problem in the previous feature as the pictures in post can not be printed. Is there a mod that does the work?

Also, can print directly print a pdf file?

Thanks.
Jimmy
Freedom of speech? It is freer if not speaking out.
Believing in God? Yes, talk with God every day through God creations.
Coding is poem and a way of keeping away from the troubled world.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I do remember pictures in print -view has been a topic of discussion here at some point,
can't remember if it got ever resolved somehow... Search might help.

But for printing a pdf -file, there are drivers that you can install as a virtual printer, that you use just like you'd be printing out to a real printer, but it just makes a .pdf instead.
I've used one driver like this at some point myself, but am sorry to say I can't remember where I got it...

EDIT:

One such driver http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
( I have no connection to this particular vendor, and have not tested this. So just the link is just to illustrate a point. )
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

wjhdiz

Thanks LexArma.

Is the pdf writer a server site or client site? I would like to see a server site writer.

Jimmy

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Those are client side drivers. Don't know of a way to implement it server side.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Rumbaar

For the print to display your images, you can try a modification to the $source/Printpage.php

Find:
'body' => parse_bbc($row['body'], 'print'),
Change to:
'body' => parse_bbc($row['body']),

Initial testing shows it works, but I'm not sure of other implications in the Print preview page.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

wjhdiz

Great! this definitely shows light for the solution and encouraging. I will give a try.

Thanks.

Advertisement: