News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mods can't create tables in MYSQL database

Started by Jelle Mees, April 26, 2008, 08:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Jelle Mees

Quote from: Dannii on May 10, 2008, 11:28:35 PM
Are you still having problems?

Yep, but I am doing just fine with all mods that don't require MYSQL tables...
I install every single mod that gets released :)

Dannii

Oh dear... you must have too many of them by now... maybe that's the problem? :P

Did you try turning on debugging?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Jelle Mees

Quote from: Dannii on May 11, 2008, 12:57:05 AM
Oh dear... you must have too many of them by now... maybe that's the problem? :P

Did you try turning on debugging?

That can't be the problem because I already had the problem from the start.

Where can I turn on debugging?

Dannii

Try adding $db_show_debug = true; to Settings.php

Jelle Mees

Quote from: Dannii on May 11, 2008, 01:21:12 AM
Try adding $db_show_debug = true; to Settings.php

Danni, can I trust you with complete acces to my forum and the database? I am willing to give you 10$ ( I know it's not much ) for your time.
Only someone with good SFM knowledge will be able to find out what's rong.

Dannii

I'll do it for free, but I don't have much time. I'll see if I can squeeze it in tonight. PM me the details. (change your passwords first if you like, and then change them back once I'm finished.)

Jelle Mees

Quote from: Dannii on May 11, 2008, 08:22:17 PM
I'll do it for free, but I don't have much time. I'll see if I can squeeze it in tonight. PM me the details. (change your passwords first if you like, and then change them back once I'm finished.)

I've sent you an email and a PM.

Jelle Mees

Anyone else willing to help me. I've had problems with my forum for 17 days now. 3 people offered to help, none of them showed up yet.
I know I have no right to complain because it's not their job to help but 17 days is long, very long...

Look at it this way, the problem that I'm having is pretty unique, look at it as a challenge lol :D

Jelle Mees

The problems are solved. The majority of the problems I was experiencing were due to "crappy" coding in a couple of modification files. Some modifications contain the rong code to create and alter tables and others don't have a proper uninstallation file.

Carl from www.realapplets.com worked for hours on my forum and managed to fix every single error and every problem.

He configured my forum so that I get an email every time a mod alters or creates a new table, this way I see if the SQL querry is correct.

Dannii

Glad to hear it, sorry I couldn't help, been flat out with uni work until now. Deleting your PMs now.

Jelle Mees

Quote from: Dannii on May 14, 2008, 10:46:50 AM
Glad to hear it, sorry I couldn't help, been flat out with uni work until now. Deleting your PMs now.

Np, you DID help me. Thanks. ;)

Advertisement: