News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Session verification failed. Error!

Started by sebasso, April 28, 2008, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebasso

I have a forum running, but i had to move that forum to a better host, because the old host was a crappy one .....

In the new host i have created a database and uploaded the files of the 1.1.4 version ... i want to create a new forum with a different theme and all .. and then copy tables from the old database to this new one ..

All setup in the install.php file .. then i go to my new forum, try to login in the admin area and ops! ..

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I try to log out and its the same error ... im sure the pass is fine because i use a easy one.

I have tried almos every thread in this forum says to this problem (database.sessions enabled, register a new account but i cant because it dont shows the verification image, the repair_settings.php, delete /temp and cookies) but nothing happens ... i think maybe is the version 1.1.4 .. because i remember when i install the old forum with the 1.1.3 i havent this problem.

Can you please help me?

The forum adress is: http://www.sebasotin.com/comunidad [nofollow]

Thanks ...

www.jbi.in

Clear your browser cookies and type your forum url and then relogin.

sebasso

i did ... but nothing changes .. same error ..

kat

I've just been to your site and it seems OK.

Can you try a different browser and see if you get the same problem?

sebasso

the site seems to be ok ... but its not ... i try using IE (before i was in firefox) ... i register a new account .. but cant logout with the same error ...

"Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

Night09

Try going into server settings and rename the cookie under core configuration to a new number and make sure under feature configuration Default login cookies length (in minutes) is set. 60 mins say

It could be the old data trying to resolve to the old host or timing out to fast maybe.

I remember a similar post a long while back similar issue down to the cookie settings in smf.

sebasso

i cant change the default login cookies length ... because i cant login in the admincp ... same error ... i try using repair_settings.php ... but i only could rename the cookie ...

Night09

I have just registered and got the same error you say over session.
Looking then at the forum you have installed it isnt yet running on your real database,only what you get with a fresh install.

It might be easier then to just delete the smf folder and reinstall smf on the new host then all the paths to files will be correct.

When you upload the real database then switch the database name in smf to use the right one.

Other than that if you have no way to access the files you could get the host to do it if they will but with nothing looking installed yet it might be best to just flatten it and start fresh.

sebasso

i reinstalled but i still get the same error ...

i try too using "fantastico" to install de smf ... but same error

i ask to my hosting (host monster), they try to fix it .. but they cant either

"Hello:

I was able to login into your administrator panel with no problem, but for some reason it displays the message when logging out, at this point I am unable to figure this out, maybe some files got corrupted or deleted, you can try to do a little research on this or try to re-install it again using fantastico. "

i dont know what else have to do ... i think is a problem with the host

sebasso

In phpmyadmin ... i look the table log_errors ... and i found this errors:

[nofollow]

i hope this helps to someone figure out what happens =(

Night09

QuoteI have the same problem!
:-(

Is it the exact same errors as sebasso's log shows ?

Im not sure if its a language issue or something to do with it using utf-8 support but its not enabled on the forum. It could be a known issue but I cant tell for sure.

evgenydeep

nightbre, I have installed is about 5-10 SMF for test purposes on different accounts(under Cpanel) on my dedicated server - I'm trying to convert my big forum.
And on all of them exit problem with session.
And it looks the same, like sesasso's problem.

I try to login on any of this SMF - ok. But I can't logout or go to the admin part, I got message

Last month all scripts working well, but few days ago... such problem appear.
As I know(as dedicated server owner) - no changes was in PHP.ini, moreover, no any upgrades...or other.
So, for me it looks strange why such problem appear.

Becasue this problem appear on all installed SMF and affected on all new runned scripts as I show in my topic... it looks that problem is with server settings, PHP settings.

My first guess was that  PHP can't access rights to directory session.save_path. But with this all ok.
I have  session.save_path=/tmp

Delete then re-install all SMF is not correct way :-) I guess problem is with settings, PHP-settings. But what settings???

evgenydeep

PS: problem is not with local cookies from my PC, I tried from different computers, I even tried from Lynx on the same dedicated server.

Night09

Possible reasons could be that you can try,

go into /admin/ server settings and make sure 'Use a persistent connection' is unticked.

Then tab to feature configuration and set the following,

Default login cookies length (in minutes)  '60 mins'

Enable local storage of cookies  Unticked.

Use subdomain independent cookies  Unticked.

Enable compressed output   Unticked

Use database driven sessions   Ticked

Allow browsers to go back to cached pages   Ticked

Seconds before an unused session timeout    '5000'

I use a few forums set to these settings and dont encounter any session errors.I did have a problem when I began to use SMF with sessions which was fixed using the settings I have listed.These may not fix the error but will be the most likely forum settings that will affect it in the way you say.

evgenydeep

The problem is that I can't access to the SMF admin, because of session :-(
The same message appear.

Look on this topic, how this problem can be regard to Tinyportal?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228927

Night09

Ok get this file repair_settings.php put it in your forums main directory and browse directly to it in your browser.  like this www.yourforum.com/repair_settings.php  and verify all the forum details are correct.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663.msg1319#msg1319

evgenydeep

Nightbre, at first, thanks for your willingness to help.
Unfortunately, this doesn't helped.
Previously, I checked Settings.php manually, but all was ok.
I tried to change Cookie name, but no results... I tried to delete cookies in browserm set new name for Cookie Name... the same.

I use repair_settings.php ... but how you already may guess, this is not helped.

Interesting notice:
On table smf2008_log_errors
logged all errors, and I found that my tries to logout return following error:
2: session_start() [&lt;a href='function.session-start'&gt;function.session-start&lt;/a&gt;]: Cannot find save handler files   <br />/home/forumgr/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php<br />1950

/home/forumgr/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php - is correct path

Advertisement: