News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Merging Members?

Started by Cheese Head, May 02, 2008, 07:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese Head

I started my forum as I wanted to talk about making cheese. To initially populate it I made some posts with a Members account "Cheese  Head" and some with my administrator's account "webmaster".

Now that my forum is starting to be used by other people, I'd rather use the Member's account for participation postings and reserving the administrator's account for administrative postings as I feel that having "webmaster" all over the place is a bit imposing.

Is there any way I can rename the original poster of my webmaster posts to Cheese Head, or do I have to delete and re-post them(not fun)?

Hope this is clear, thx for advice, John.

Gary

There's a work around in 2.0 where you can re-attribute Guest Posts. Delete the appropriate account then go Admin > Maintenance > Reattribute User Posts and then fill out the information it requires. (guest email or previous username)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Cheese Head

Thanks Gazmanafc

After deleting one account in SMF 2.0 I went Admin > Forum > Forum Maintenance > Common Tasks > Reattribute User Posts and reassigned those deleted users posts to my main user, worked slick, thanks.

Only hitch is that I couldn't do it on a post by post basis, it was all or nothing and I wanted to leave my Administrative posts (ie FAQs & Annoucements) under my webmaster User ID. My problem.

Rumbaar

I'm sure you could have at the db level changed the post owner from webmaster to cheesehead.  This could have saved the global change of all posts by webmaster.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: