additional user permission lost

Started by izi, May 02, 2008, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izi

i am converting from 1.3

i have a number of users that i have added to them addition permission groups.

after conversion only the primary permission is set in smf 115.

is the additional groups not supported?

SleePy

The IPB 1.3 converter doesn't appear to support additional groups.
Are you able to upgrade to IPB 2.3? I have a converter I am working on and should be finished soon that hopefully I did it right to support additional groups.
If not I can look into getting it to work with IPB 1.3 if the database changes where not to much between those two versions.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

izi

if i have to upgrade to ipb 2.3 i will stay with it.

SleePy

give this one a try.
If IPB didn't change the way they do additional groups since 1.3 and 2.3 then it should work.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

izi

Converting members...Unknown column 'mgroup_others' in 'field list'

SleePy

Ahh shoot they did.
Do you know the name of the field that is being used to hold additional groups or could you possibly send me a dump of your members table structure (not data).

izi

yes, the field is called org_perm_id.

however, i noticed some strange results in converting the group ids. it keeps the first 8 groups from initial smf and then adds my ipb groups after.

the result is that all normal registerd members have group 0. and the others have incorrect ids.

SleePy

Ahh, It just occurred to me why it occurs.
I am copying the additional groups directly and not updating them if needed correctly..
Ok, I think I can fix it..

edit,
try this one

izi

my group id for normal users is 3. the converter only convert ids greater than 5.

SleePy

Well from the SQL query I looked at it should be finding the admin group and setting it to the default SMF admin group (1), if their group is above 5 it adds 3 to it. Otherwise it uses 0.

Try this one though. It should convert additional groups right.

izi

SleePy

Then they are the default groups right?
The converter is using the default IPB groups and knowing which ones by default are what groups and matching them.

Advertisement: