News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Lots-O-Smileys

Started by Jesse Shaw, January 08, 2005, 07:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglecat

Quote from: stevebor1 on April 06, 2005, 01:50:50 PM
whats the easiest way to change mutiple smiles to popup. i installed the lotsosmilelys and it made them all into post form.

I need to know this too. I had to remove lotsosmileys because forum members were complaining that they had to scroll for a mile to reach the post box.

How do I get them in a popup box???
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join us at Christian Discussions 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

pagination

In Admin, under Edit Smileys, there is the option when Modifying to change Location from Post Form to Popup.  Will that help?

I don't know if this will work, because I still haven't succeeded installing LotsOSmileys, because of the error I reported above, and I still cannot figure out why it won't work for me!  Has nobody else had this problem and solved it?  Please?? :'(

Gary

Thats a hell of a lot of smilies. Better use the pop-up window for them. Great job.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

tconline

Installing now - - but. I think I'm going to like this mod... can't wait to check out the smilies!!!

tconline

Damn - permission error.

Ok, now to figure out what I gotta change.

EDIT:

Ok - I got them installed - except... do I have to go through and mod each one by hand for being a pop-up?!!??!!?

I hope not.

tconline

Ahhh - I've got it all working.

Nice collection there too.

Davilac

Quote from: tconline on April 26, 2005, 10:51:17 AM
EDIT:

Ok - I got them installed - except... do I have to go through and mod each one by hand for being a pop-up?!!??!!?

I hope not.

I ask the same

erichoes

Quote from: Naiden on April 30, 2005, 11:50:23 AM
Quote from: tconline on April 26, 2005, 10:51:17 AM
EDIT:

I hope not.

I ask the same

Me too!!  :o

Ndien

Its a bit quicker if you go to set smiley order, but its still a pain.

crazie

I'm at a complete loss here!  I installed the set with no hitches.  When I selected to use that smiley set, all I get is words that show up above the text area for typing.  On top of that, I can only see about 16 total.  I checked the setting, and none are selected to be in the pop-up. 

Is there something else I'm missing?

Just to add something.  I checked the CHMOD for the folders mentioned, and they are 755.  Do I need to make them writeable for groups and everyone, or will 755 do?

Juvenall Wilson

My girlfriend installed this mod the other night on her board only to find that you had to set each smiley by hand. If anyone would like, once we get around to sorting them all out with proper codes, I'll do a database dump and offer up the .sql file with them to spare everyone else the trouble.  :)

Quote from: crazie on May 05, 2005, 07:31:39 PMI'm at a complete loss here!  I installed the set with no hitches.  When I selected to use that smiley set, all I get is words that show up above the text area for typing.  On top of that, I can only see about 16 total.  I checked the setting, and none are selected to be in the pop-up. 

Is there something else I'm missing?

This is a two part fix, really. First, check that both your path and url to your smileys directory are corect. When my chicka installed this, her url was missing alltogether. Second, and this is the big one, this set does not seem to include replacements for the defaults. So you will need to copy those into the "Lots-O-Smileys" directory. That should take care of that problem.

mohamed

go to smf_smileys table and use the sql  command:

UPDATE smf_smileys SET hidden=2
WHERE smf_smileys.ID_SMILEY>20;

make sure the first 20 is the default ones.

mohamed

im sorry i got the wrong ones as default. I believe they are the ones containing icon_<something>

Can someone tell me how the icons actually show up as an image file rather than a text?

*edit: it should work. I did not set the base path. use the above command. The problem with mine is that i mixed up the "default" to include all the icon instead of solely those inside the "default" folder. so all my base path was wrong. If you are making a fresh installation or haven't mix all this up, the sql command should work.*

Bigguy

thank you I have been lookin for smilies.... nice work

misjka

Quote from: Jesse Shaw on January 08, 2005, 07:14:54 AM
Link to Mod

297 Smileys all in one package! This *is* a package that can be installed and uninstalled with the package manager. Once installed you can pick the smileys from a new smileys directory to use or you can import them all!

Sorry, this cute litte thing refuses to be installed properly in my forum  :(. I use the package manager and upload the distribution from my pc, and Add the mod. I look via ftp and find, yes - the files are uploaded nice 'n' pretty to the Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys directory... But as I use the admin tool for Smileys, the Smiley package does not turn up there... Just classic and default... What may be wrong?
The admin of five forums:
SMF 1.1.4 + TP 0.98

nubcakes

Maybe it's because this thing hasn't been updated in years...

AtariKid

Quote from: ping on February 16, 2005, 07:12:16 AM
Have you made sure that your Sources directory and that Subs-Package.php are writable? Also, check to see if there's a "Lots_O_Smileys):" directory already in your temp directory. If so, try deleting it.

Not sure if that will help, but here's hoping!

Something strange is happening.  I have FileZilla as my FTP client.  When I try deleting Lots_O_Smileys from my /absolute_path/Packages/temp, it reappears.  550 Can't remove directory: Permission denied.  Before I do anything, such as set the permissions to 777 (if I even can), do I want to also set the package-info.xml to 777 and delete it as well?

I am determined to get Lots_O_Smileys installed.   :)
Rawk on dude!
SMF 1.1 RC1 | MKP 1.1 Rc1

[Unknown]

That's just a temporary directory.  It shouldn't matter.

-[Unknown]

AtariKid

Rawk on dude!

AtariKid

Done.  When I apply mod, nothing happens.  Also, /temp is long gone. 

Edited:

Seems like my absolute path was messed up.  :-\ 

I applied the mod just fine, and got hung up on 'proceed.'    Some of the files this package needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and chmoding the files.

I logged back into FTP and the files are not there ... strange.  There is no /absolute_path/Packages/temp, Lots_O_Smileys, nor is there package-info.xml.  Looks like I'll have to manually upload it.  brb ...

Edited:

I'm a bit aggrivated.  I'll have to lay this to rest tonight and take another stab at it tomorrow.  It's late.  :(
Rawk on dude!

Advertisement: