News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Lots-O-Smileys

Started by Jesse Shaw, January 08, 2005, 07:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse Shaw

Link to Mod

297 Smileys all in one package! This *is* a package that can be installed and uninstalled with the package manager. Once installed you can pick the smileys from a new smileys directory to use or you can import them all!
Jesse

klumy

Jesse Shaw

Quote from: klumy on January 08, 2005, 07:16:26 AM
Nice job ;)

Thanks considering I spent many hours pulling out my hair trying to find the correct syntax for the package file.
(And I don't have much hair to pull out) ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=23561.msg187993#msg187993
Jesse

allfripou

Jesse Shaw

Jesse

Glad you made the effort to release this.  Keep it up!!  Thanks!

Jesse Shaw

Wow... Thanx!  I didn't think this package would be so popular! 57 downloads in less than a day! I hope everyone who downloaded it enjoys it!  :D
Jesse

Daniel15

mmmmmmmmmm smilies... i'm downloading your smilies package now.. this reminds me of when i was using Invision Board 1.3.... I had to write a script for Invision Board to install smilies, i had 250 to install.

i was just looking for smilies a couple of days ago, so thanks for your smilie package

--daniel15
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Jesse Shaw

Quote from: daniel15 on January 09, 2005, 12:02:36 AM
mmmmmmmmmm smilies... i'm downloading your smilies package now.. this reminds me of when i was using Invision Board 1.3.... I had to write a script for Invision Board to install smilies, i had 250 to install.

i was just looking for smilies a couple of days ago, so thanks for your smilie package

--daniel15

Well , I hope you like it  :-\
Jesse

theantidote

How is this installed? I made the new smiley set but do I need to add each of the new ones by hand?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that little thing that said I had 297 not yet imported. No problems, great mod!

ping

Is this also compatible with 1.0.1?
One Ping Only

calimero

Quote from: ping on February 06, 2005, 09:51:30 PM
Is this also compatible with 1.0.1?

Some statements about?
Because as a none programmer I am a little carefull about try and error.

CasTiger

You know when you've added all those smilies.
Well how do you change the pop-up so that the list of smilies doesn't go on for ever ?
I'd like to see the pop-up have a row of 3 or 4 and then another 3 or 4 on the next row and so on.
How do you do that ?

weekend camper

Quote from: theantidote on January 09, 2005, 12:56:35 AM
How is this installed? I made the new smiley set but do I need to add each of the new ones by hand?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that little thing that said I had 297 not yet imported. No problems, great mod!

I didn't see how to import these little devils.

Can someone please give a step by step?

pagination

I'm new to the SMF system, and it's all been plain sailing so far, but I'm really stuck on this one!

I'm having a problem installing the Lots_O_Smileys package - I've searched and searched the forums but found nobody else with the same error message!

I downloaded the package to my local machine so that I could examine the smileys, and they are delightful.  I found Package Manager in the Admin section of my forum and uploaded the .zip file, and it has created .../Packages/temp with what looks like the necessary files in it, and I was able to see the list of files from Admin.  But when I select "Apply Mod" I get an error message as follows:

An Error Has Occurred!
2: rmdir(/home/pagination/webs/ukusforum/htdocs/Packages/temp/Lots_O_Smileys): Directory not empty
File: /home/pagination/webs/ukusforum/htdocs/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 920

I've downloaded and applied the Package Manager patch referred to in Package Manager itself.  I've FTPd to the site and CHMODed everything from the temp directory downwards to full read-write permissions (in fact, to 777!), but still I get the error.  What am I doing wrong, please?

pagination

ping

Have you made sure that your Sources directory and that Subs-Package.php are writable? Also, check to see if there's a "Lots_O_Smileys):" directory already in your temp directory. If so, try deleting it.

Not sure if that will help, but here's hoping!
One Ping Only

pagination

I've ensured that both Sources and everything in it, including Subs-Package.php, are 777.  I deleted the .../Packages/temp directory (and everything in it).  Ran Install Mod again:  same error message, after having re-created the temp directory with its subdirectory and files.  I'm really bewildered.

Is there a specific tutorial on how to do this stuff?  Where, for instance, did you find out that Sources and Subs-Package.php had to be writable?  I love this forum package, but finding out how to make some bits of it work is really hard!

boogiedown

whats the easiest way to change mutiple smiles to popup. i installed the lotsosmilelys and it made them all into post form.

[Unknown]

If a smiley doesn't exist in a specific set, it will cause errors.  All smileys must either exist in all sets, or not exist in all sets.  This is to reduce confusion when mutliple people are using multiple different sets.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: