News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] AEF 1.0.x

Started by SleePy, May 04, 2008, 01:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Software: AEF "Advanced Electron Forum"
Version: 1.0.x

This is the official support topic for AEF converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Note: This was tested on AEF 1.0.6, but should in theory work on other versions of AEF if the database changes have not been to great.

Changelog
! Forgot AEF Login Fix

How to convert
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

jazz1

Hello

Sorry, but i didnt get, how do i suppose to use this converter?

Ive got the files but what sould i do now? 

jazz1

Thanks, ThorstenE, worked for me!

Unbelievable! Great work!!   

kab012345

• I am having a little trouble converting my board to SMF. :-\ My install of AEF is located at hxxp:www.vfkboard.com/index.php [nonactive]? and my SMF convert install is located at hxxp:www.vfkboard.com/smf/ [nonactive]
    I have not deleted the .sql file or the hxxp:www.vfkboard.com/smf/convert.php [nonactive] file, so you can go there and check it out. (If you are a tech, please PM me and I will give you my DB password so you can try it out)

Please help me if you can.  >:(

The error I always get is
    QuoteConverting...
    Converting members... Successful.
    Converting categories... Successful.
    Converting boards... Successful.
    Converting topics... Successful.
    Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
    Converting polls... Successful.
    Converting poll options... Successful.
    Converting poll votes... Successful.
    Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
    Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
    Converting topic notifications... Successful.
    Converting board notifications... Unsuccessful!
    This query:
    INSERT INTO `vfkboard_smf`.smf_log_notify
    (ID_MEMBER, ID_TOPIC, sent)
    VALUES ('1', '5', '1'),
    ('44', '32', '1');
    Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '1-5-0' for key 1
    Anyone know what could be causing this or how to help please? I really need to convert to SMF from AEF for users..

SleePy

Open the .sql file

Find:
---* {$to_prefix}log_notify

Replace:
---* {$to_prefix}log_notify
---{
$ignore = true;
---}

This will tell it to ignore duplicate entry errors for that log.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

kab012345

Thanks! Now I will redo the whole install and install.

But, are members support to appear like this? -->  hxxp:vfkboard.com/smf/index.php [nonactive]

SleePy

Is that how the names where or registered?
It pulls that data from the AEF members database, so that info had to exist like that at one time.

kab012345

Yes, it must be pulling the wrong stuff, then. I don't understand why though since Users Text was added in AEF a few version ago, around when this creator was made I would expect. It seems to be pulling the Users Text, not the Username. Is there anyway to alter this?

SleePy

kab012345,

Would you if you still have your AEF database dump to me so I can test this locally?
This way I can find the issue and get it resolved as it makes testing easier :)

An email you can email me at is on our team page in About -> The Team

kab012345

Quote from: SleePy on July 15, 2008, 01:16:40 AM
kab012345,

Would you if you still have your AEF database dump to me so I can test this locally?
This way I can find the issue and get it resolved as it makes testing easier :)

An email you can email me at is on our team page in About -> The Team
OK, I am assuming you want a copy of the DB? I will upload it to my site and email you the link at that email on that page. Please tell me when you have downloaded it so I can remove it.

SleePy

Yes that will work :)
I won't get to my email until this afternoon or tonight after work though. Depends on college homework.

kab012345

Great, thanks for the willingness.

Hamst3r

Hi. :)

I just used this converter and for the most part, it looks OK, but some thing are a bit weird.

All of the user names are gone on the posts.

Everyone's password is wrong.  I see you have a login fix in your OP, but I don't see how to use it.

EDIT: clicking around, I see you can install it as a package. I uploaded it, installed it and it says it's running, but that's about it.  I don't see it taking immediate effect and I haven't found any extra admin sections added by it.  :o

Any help with this would be great, thanks!

SleePy

Once you upload and the package was installed, then users who try to login should be able to.
It may be possible that Package Manager was unable to edit the files to make the changes but still said it installed. In this case you may need to manually install the mod (It only adds 1 line of code to 1 file, so it isn't to bad to get it done :) )

Hamst3r

Hi, SleePy!

How do I go about doing that?

Also, I just noticed something going on with the polls.  The first letter in all the poll options is missing.

For example, it says:

lue is nice.
IGS IN SPACE!

When it's supposed to be "Blue is nice" and and "PIGS IN SPACE!".

(btw, I fixed the poll, so fixing it isn't a problem, but I'm bringing it up in case it's any insight in to other things that might arise, such as other tables that have missing stuff :) )

SleePy

I think thats a bug in the polls :P

Open the .sql up
Find:
    poo_poid AS ID_POLL, pooid AS ID_CHOICE, SUBSTRING(poo_option, 2, 255) AS label, poo_votes AS votes

Replace:
    poo_poid AS ID_POLL, pooid AS ID_CHOICE, SUBSTRING(poo_option, 1, 255) AS label, poo_votes AS votes

The converter would need to be reran :(

Hamst3r

Haha.  Thanks.  Polls are fixed. :)

For the user name stuff I just went ahead and retyped them, as there aren't a lot of users on the board yet.

As for the password thing, the password reset works, so I'm just gonna tell people to do that.

If I run in to anything else I'll let you know.  Thanks again for your converter, it saved me a lot of hassle. :)

-

kab012345

Hello,

Just wondering, but is there any progress on what the issue might be with my DB?

Advertisement: