Two forums one DB.

Started by zijO, May 04, 2008, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zijO

Can I have same forum installed at 2 places, using same database.

For example

www.mysite/forums  and
www.mysite/forum
where the last one would have different template.

I tried it but, for some reason even if I completely remove "forum/templates" it still uses template from "/forums.
::)

rsw686

What you are asking is not possible. The paths are hard coded into the database. Why not just install multiple templates on the one forum. User's can select between the template they prefer.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

zijO

/forum
/forums
it would be easy to change it, anyway i need to use redirection forum-forums

Thanks for the answer :-)

Rumbaar

This thread might be helpful, though I'm unsure of the true nature of what you are trying to do.
Share user database for 2 (or more) different forums.
Though like said you wont be able to avoid two db's, but you'll be able to share portions of them.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ONLiNEZONE

Quote from: zijO on May 04, 2008, 09:45:09 AM
Can I have same forum installed at 2 places, using same database.

For example

www.mysite/forums  and
www.mysite/forum
where the last one would have different template.

I tried it but, for some reason even if I completely remove "forum/templates" it still uses template from "/forums.
::)

Use a different, prefix.
Example: SMF_ SMF1_
Regards,
Mark.

50 | 100 | 150 | 200 | 250 | 300...

Rumbaar

I think he's looking to use the same data, but on two separate URLs.  So that isn't possible.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ONLiNEZONE

Quote from: Rumbaar on May 19, 2008, 09:46:07 PM
I think he's looking to use the same data, but on two separate URLs.  So that isn't possible.

Okay, Rumbaar.

Sorry I couldn't help you, zijO.
Regards,
Mark.

50 | 100 | 150 | 200 | 250 | 300...

Realinfo

Due to some reasons.............. I also want that to have two diffrent URL with same data..................... when i tried that............. it seems that it's working................. but when i make post in second ( URL Forum)................. then path for first forum's THEME is changed to second one............ if that not happen.......... then i guess we can have that...............

Advertisement: