News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Banner Mod

Started by Midgard, January 08, 2005, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danking

Im very new to this and wouldnt no how to do it or where to start any help would be great :)

draker

Quote from: Mattitude on January 22, 2005, 03:59:14 AM
Here's a suggestion - can the option be made to add in HTML code instead of the image? For example, if somebody wanted to put Google Adsense code

I was wondering if this suggestion had been implemented.  I would prefer a better way to monitor my banners, but many of them are more then simple images, the are Banner Exchanges, which come with quite a bit of accompaning HTML code some times.

Pause

I don't think so - it's still at V 3.3
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

JayBachatero

Quote from: Aravot on January 10, 2005, 03:53:05 AM
Thank you, but I just found out something weired

At my work computer there were options under New Banner>Add New but at my home PC there is nothing (see pic) tried IE, FireFox and Opera haven't changed anything, any suggestions?

maybe that's why 'Advertisement Banner' was missing from permission panel.

Link to Full Size Pic

i am havin the exact same problem.  how can i fix this i reuploaded the files.  and nothing
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Zombie

Just wondering how I can display the banners using ssi in the board index.
I have the banners showing up on my site using the ssi function, but can't figure out how to display them in the forum at the same time.

Any help?

ryanbsoftware

i don't see the banner as an admin and i don't if i logg off and gusts and ungrouped members should see the banner.  you ungrouped members have to see it for guests to see it, i would like the baners to be only if you don't register an account if possible too.

Jerry

this is possible, please check the permissions of the groups.

Admin Panel -> Edit Permissions -> Modify the group you want -> and slect can view adds

(Thought this was posted before :-\)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

ryanbsoftware

i saw a post saying ungrouped members have to see it for guests to see it, but that still dosen't solve my problem, i don't see the ad, it's sposed to be at the top of the forum, and if i tell it to put munltipule banners at the top with it just keep switching though them everythime you load another page so it might show banner 1 then when you refresh banner 2 instead, ect.

Jerry

it does automatically show random banners if you have more than one. Do you use a custom theme?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

ryanbsoftware

i am using the defualt theme.

ryanbsoftware

do i have to add anything to the tamplate ???

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

ryanbsoftware

ryanbsoftware

suggestion for the next version:

make the permission does not see advert so when that is set to allow they don't see it, it has to be set to deny or all groups they are in to disallow then admins won't have to view the adverts cause all admin permissions are set to allow.

Jerry

Quote from: RyanB on February 02, 2005, 11:13:32 AM
suggestion for the next version:

make the permission does not see advert so when that is set to allow they don't see it, it has to be set to deny or all groups they are in to disallow then admins won't have to view the adverts cause all admin permissions are set to allow.
that is really confusing :-X could you rephrase?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Little Wolf

I think what RyanB is trying to say is that admins should have the option not to see the ads as well. cos you see in the Permissions panel, admins have Allowed All permissions so you can't do anything to disable ad-viewing for admins.

and I also hope that in the next version we can include html code and not just images. :)

oh and first post too btw...   :D

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Pause

Quote from: Jerry on February 04, 2005, 07:45:31 PM
Admins can see the ads....
But what they're trying to say Jerry, is that the Admins may not want to see them...
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

Jerry

Quote from: Little Wolf on February 04, 2005, 10:01:59 AM
I think what RyanB is trying to say is that admins should have the option not to see the ads as well. cos you see in the Permissions panel, admins have Allowed All permissions so you can't do anything to disable ad-viewing for admins.

and I also hope that in the next version we can include html code and not just images. :)

oh and first post too btw...  :D
Quote from: Mattitude on February 06, 2005, 12:42:10 AM
But what they're trying to say Jerry, is that the Admins may not want to see them...
Sorry, I guess I misread ;) I thought you asked "what if admins wan't to see adds..." I am sure it would be easy for Midgard to add the option to turn off mods for admins in future versions :)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Midgard

Quote from: Jerry on February 06, 2005, 02:16:46 AM
Quote from: Little Wolf on February 04, 2005, 10:01:59 AM

oh and first post too btw...  :D
Quote from: Mattitude on February 06, 2005, 12:42:10 AM
Sorry, I guess I misread ;) I thought you asked "what if admins wan't to see adds..." I am sure it would be easy for Midgard to add the option to turn off mods for admins in future versions :)

this option impossible... 'cause; "As an administrator, this member has all possible permissions."

;)

Advertisement: