News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post inserts (smileys, quotes, etc.) wont work

Started by 2pac, May 04, 2008, 11:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2pac

SO I made the upgrade to 2.3.1 today, and I notice that when I type a new post, i try clicking on smileys or quotes, or any of the buttons above the post form but it doesnt insert anything.

im using the old index, board index, message and display index files from my previous theme. so im guessing something is not being called. i dont know too much about coding. anyone know what i should add?

shadow82x

Old themes are not really fully supported on SMF2. Features wont even display. I can suggest looking in your themes index.template.php and making it so all the js files call to scripts/filename
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

2pac

alright, i fixed it, just had to do a little copy and paste

i basically just copied this from the default theme index template:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title'], '" />
<meta name="keywords" content="PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" />
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/script.js?b21"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/theme.js?b21"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
var smf_theme_url = "', $settings['theme_url'], '";
var smf_default_theme_url = "', $settings['default_theme_url'], '";
var smf_images_url = "', $settings['images_url'], '";
var smf_scripturl = "', $scripturl, '";
var smf_iso_case_folding = ', $context['server']['iso_case_folding'] ? 'true' : 'false', ';
var smf_charset = "', $context['character_set'], '";', $context['show_pm_popup'] ? '
if (confirm("' . $txt['show_personal_messages'] . '"))
window.open("' . $scripturl . '?action=pm");' : '', '
var ajax_notification_text = "', $txt['ajax_in_progress'], '";
var ajax_notification_cancel_text = "', $txt['modify_cancel'], '";
// ]]></script>

and replaced it on my theme, it works now! :D

shadow82x

Yep that could do the trick too. If you se in your new code its calling to scripts/filename. The scripts folder is new in smf2.0 so it was not calling to it. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

2pac

Quote from: shadow82x on May 05, 2008, 12:09:04 AM
Yep that could do the trick too. If you se in your new code its calling to scripts/filename. The scripts folder is new in smf2.0 so it was not calling to it. :)

yeah i did notice a few changes in the code. thanks for the help! :D

Advertisement: