News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

File Permissions messing up...

Started by m3talc0re, April 28, 2008, 09:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m3talc0re

In 1.1.x, on some servers, if you create a new theme (or even existing themes sometimes), you have to go to Packages > Options and change the permissions for all files to be writable, otherwise you can't overwrite images and such when working on a theme.

In 2.x, I have tried to do this same thing because of the same problem. However, with 2.x, it's not actually working. I can't delete the "images" directory in a newly created theme. I tried all of the options in the AdminCP on the File Permissions and I tried in my FTP client. Nothing I do will work. What gives?
The real hell is your life gone wrong.

Justyne

I had something similar happen to me once on my server. My host had changed some permissions and suddenly files created by SMF could not be deleted anymore due to a linux permission thing. I don't know if you have the same problem, but maybe you can ask your host if he can delete it?

And if this method of installation doesn't work for you, you can always upload the theme files first and then install from a directory.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Rumbaar

Yes, for some reason the file is owned by someone other than your main account.  Probably php, you'll need CHOWN the files to your account.  This will probably need to be done by your host.

Not sure if the Fix Ownership tool will work for 2.*, but it should (from the Package Manager sticky).
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: