News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The upgrade.php is becoming useless

Started by L.G.S, May 05, 2008, 09:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.G.S

I've used SMF for years now and I love it. Everything has been great and perfect, nothing more could be asked from something free like this.

But then 2.0 beta got released, and the whole upgrade process got ripped to shreds.

It doesn't matter what I do, I will either get an error telling me I have important files missing, or that they are old and outdated.

I've tried every method of upgrading there is. I've read the online manuals.

I've even made a new folder, kept my settings.php from my old forum, then uploaded all of the 2.0 upgrade files. Somehow I still have old/missing files. So I thought it could be settings.php (couldn't be anything else) so I simply but my old settings into the new settings file. Still more errors.

It's as if this upgrade doesn't want to work for me. I've been trying for weeksand using ever possible method.

And yes I've checked all permissions.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Jade Elizabeth

Did you try CHMOD-ing the files and folders to 777 or 755?
Are you uploading using the correct method? I had a lot of trouble once because I was uploading as ascii, and I needed to upload in binary (I use filezilla), maybe you have the same problem?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

L.G.S

Yeah tried all that. I'll have a look at the topic.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Sarge

Hello L.G.S, have you managed to complete the upgrade?

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

pimpinkid

In the uprade.php have you replaced the software version 3 with 3.1 ?

Advertisement: