Mod Request: Anonymous Boards

Started by NoRad, January 08, 2005, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRad

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Success
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageBoards.english.php    Success
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Failure
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Success
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Success
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php    Success
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php    Success
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Success
9.    Execute Code    add_settings.php    

This is what it says when getting ready to install. not sure if that's normal. (notice failure on one file). It says it works though? =)

QuoteThe package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes.

NoRad

When enabling the mod for a board I get this message:

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'on,
name = 'Advice Please', description = 'Ask for advice
File: I:\louipimps\forum\Sources\ManageBoards.php
Line: 608

Thantos

Failure is not good :)  Just making sure do you have version 0.1 or 0.2?

NoRad

I got it working (I think) by manually making 1 or 2 additions to manageboards in the source.

Thantos

Weird, do you have any mods that change that file?  I checked it using a fresh ManageBoards.php installation and it had no failures.

NoRad

I think the ability to rate topics was installed.

Hey, I think it would be nicer to have the thing do anonymous if you check the box as opposed to always anon.

Thantos

Well I thought about that but then you run the risk of someone forgetting to check the box.  But if you want to change it all you have to do is change the text and change
if ( $context['anonymousBoard'] && !isset($_POST['post_unanon']) )
to
if ( $context['anonymousBoard'] && isset($_POST['post_unanon']) )
in Post.php

NoRad

Maybe this can be an option in the manage boards?

SeaOfSin

OK, I tried installing this on 1.1 Beta 3 public and bar a few changes manged to get it working except for on thing.  When you post anonymously it comes up as guest instead of anonymous!

This is the code in Post.php

if ( $context['anonymousBoard'] && !isset($_POST['post_unanon']) )
{
// Destroy the identifing user data
$user_info['username'] = 'Anonymous';
$user_info['name'] = 'Anonymous';
$user_info['email'] = '';
$user_info['avatar'] = array();
$ID_MEMBER = 0;
}

is there anything that has changed to affect this?

Thanks

Sea Of Sin

Charge

hi, is there a MOD that can spilt the Sticky from the rest of the normal thread ?

SeaOfSin

Quote from: Charge on July 10, 2005, 03:40:44 AM
hi, is there a MOD that can spilt the Sticky from the rest of the normal thread ?

This doesn't have much to do with this topic but here you go

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=17230.0

:)

NoRad

I was wondering if anybody had the desire to make this a 1.1 compatable mod?

dave2

Is it possible to get an updated copy of this mod?

pistola

Is there something like this that is compatible with 1.0.7? I tried downloading it onto my test forum, which has no themes or anything on it and got this:

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageBoards.php     Failure
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Failure

Thanks!

joshrich

I would also like an updated copy of this.  It worked great on 1.05 version, but 1.1 RC2 fails. :(

teedog

Has anyone been able to implement this feature/mod in 1.1?

NoRad

I have not tried. If I get free time I will once again take a stab at it.

Line Noise

G'day everyone!

I wanted to use this mod on my new SMF forum (http://bbs.virtualdoughnutland.com/) but version 0.2 didn't work with version 1.1.1 of SMF. So I've updated the mod to work with the latest version!

You can get the mod at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=666

As far as I can tell it's working fine although I haven't done extensive testing yet so don't hold me responsible if it trashes your forum! :) Bug reports are welcome and I'll see if I can fix them. Big thanks to Thantos, the original author, who did all the hard work. All I did was tweak some things to work with the new code.

Enjoy!

NoRad

dpiercey

Is there an alternate location to download the newest version of this mod?  It's shown as not approved and, alas, I can't download it...

Advertisement: