News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrading Members using Groups

Started by potofgold, May 07, 2008, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potofgold

I have a private forum with restricted access for non registered users.  I have setup 2 groups for specific permissions.  BUT, when I give these groups access to upgrade user then can give access to any group.

How do I set up:

Group A = Global Moderator = to upgrade any user to Group B or Group C
Group B = can only upgrade user to Group C

Group C = no upgrade rights = full registered member only

I can't seem to find a way round that if Group B has some upgrade options they can put user in Group A which has some additional rights.

Please help.  I am using version 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Spaceman-Spiff

I don't think there's a feature yet to do this. Non-admins who can modify membergroups can both promote and demote anyone to any group except to Administrators.

To make things easier, perhaps you should make Group B and Group C requestable. So Global Moderators will be able to check the requests (easier than adding everyone).

potofgold

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on May 07, 2008, 01:35:21 PM
I don't think there's a feature yet to do this. Non-admins who can modify membergroups can both promote and demote anyone to any group except to Administrators.

To make things easier, perhaps you should make Group B and Group C requestable. So Global Moderators will be able to check the requests (easier than adding everyone).

They are both requestable - the idea was that Group B will take some responsibility so can upgrade users they have invited to Group C, whilst Group A are the forum moderators and will also upgrade users from Group B.

Ideally it would be that each Group has its own settings to which Group they can add members to in a mutually-exclusive way.
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Advertisement: