Function DB Version 2.0...

Started by Oldiesmann, May 08, 2008, 12:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffy

Great! You'll probably be finished around the time Duke Nukem Forever comes out

_Anthony_

illustrationism

Very nice. This will come in useful, I'm sure.

vladimir - sv

There's a PHP warning in this link:

http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/index.php?action=view_function;id=151;sa=viewall

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/simple/public_html/support/function_db/index.php on line 545

Oldiesmann

Thanks for the report. For some reason that warning doesn't show up in Firefox, but I found and fixed the issue.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ascaland

STICKY THIS MOTHER

Lol, anyways, I never used the Function DB so hopefully I can get into how it works and make it useful to me.

Oldiesmann

Yeah, a lot of people don't even know it exists for some reason, but it's been there for ages. Not sure what I can do to better promote it :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

HecKel

One new section for 3rd Party Developers in the Docs :)

I know you already have documentation for that but would be great if you create one section with documentation more in detail, explaining everything on the Developers view, how works the global variables, functions, themes, etc.

I am sure that would be a HARD work, but I am totally sure that would worth it :)
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

aldo

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 11, 2008, 02:06:20 PM
Yeah, a lot of people don't even know it exists for some reason, but it's been there for ages. Not sure what I can do to better promote it :)
Add it to the menu at the top, or on the Mods page? :P

Oldiesmann

I'll look into adding it to the top. I guess a lot of people don't look at the "support" section much :P
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

marissaturner

THE CONTAINED INFORMTION IS VERY USEFUL. I WAS IN NEED OF IT.

Forbs

necrit

will you be working to create a "RollUp" function within differing versions?  Basically if RC2 introduced a new function that was NOT updated for RC3 it doesnt show up on the function db for that version. What if there was minimum version ranges set for the filter for example when viewing RC3 it shows first any version specific functions of RC3 THEN shows all the proceeding functions from everything in the 2.0 line?

Arantor

Given that half the 2.0 stuff hasn't been properly documented, heck even stuff that hasn't changed between 1.1.9 and 1.1.11 (which is months old) hasn't been properly updated... I think the answer is basically no.

Norv

necrit: I agree, and I think I have already meant to propose or already proposed something along these lines... I will make sure it gets to the teamies responsible with it, in any case. :)

ETA: ah, except the teamie in question is Oldies which already has it now on his unread replies. :)
Anyway, one more vote from me, if I may, for a possibility to filter on "since".
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kindred

I do not think we will get a "since" line in before the final release of 2.0.

We are looking at some documentation automation and revising the "notes" in the source files which will make this easier in the future, but currently, stuff like "since" would all have to be handled manually, and there are more important things to be done before that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nictoria

Awesome. Thanks for your effort

texwillerx

Is there a function for inserting data (topics, etc) into a forum. I need such a function, since I want to create a forum from an existing data wich resides in a database.

Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: