[SMF Converter] IPB 2.3.x

Started by SleePy, May 09, 2008, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quercus

Getting there I think:
Converting settings...
Warning: array_combine() [function.array-combine]: Both parameters should have an equal number of elements in /home/hussars/public_html/forums2/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 624
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: variable

ThorstenE

ok, let's try it without settings (just the forum name and some general information, nothing special)...

quercus

*Sigh*
Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/hussars/public_html/forums2/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 71

Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home/hussars/public_html/forums2/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 71

Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments...
Notice: Use of undefined constant attachmentUploadDir - assumed 'attachmentUploadDir' in /home/hussars/public_html/forums2/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 40

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for attachmentUploadDir/35_e5a8e6067b12d75363b127c213bc3b2a1e11a16c in /home/hussars/public_html/forums2/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 40
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (size)

ThorstenE

next one, another two bugs fixed  ;)

quercus

Excellent - that seems to have finally (more or less) cracked it.
The bb code seems a bit messed up and there are lots of custom images and groups that need to be sorted out, but the basic forum has been converted.

Now I just need to figure out how the member groups, permissions and codes within SMF work!
By the way, I set up a custom bb code that allowed me to embed youtube videos into posts. Is this possible with SMF?

ThorstenE

Quote from: quercus on September 23, 2012, 11:04:51 AM
By the way, I set up a custom bb code that allowed me to embed youtube videos into posts. Is this possible with SMF?
Not my business but there are a couple of mods for embedding videos:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=youtube

Nakto

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 23, 2012, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: quercus on September 23, 2012, 11:04:51 AM
Not my business but there are a couple of mods for embedding videos:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=youtube
why when I update 2.3.6 to smf 2.0 users passwords is changed. it is not good

ThorstenE

Nakto,
SMF and IPB are using different password encrytions but SMF should be able to read the old IPB passwords. At first time login the password will be updated to SMF's encryption.

Nakto

sorry, but i don't understand you.
after convertation I can't login to my forum with my username and password. and nobody of my users too. what should we do?

ThorstenE

Quote from: Nakto on October 19, 2012, 03:42:28 PM
sorry, but i don't understand you.
after convertation I can't login to my forum with my username and password. and nobody of my users too. what should we do?
no clue, maybe the password_salt in IPB has more than 5 characters..

added a modified version of the converter, please try the attached file.

Nakto

Quotemaybe the password_salt in IPB has more than 5 characters..
yes, my pass have more 5 characters.

Quoteadded a modified version of the converter,
without any changes

when i converted forum to smf , converter have a error :
Notice: Undefined variable: oldAvatarDir in /home/user566952/smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 58

Warning: copy(/av-124.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user566952/smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 59
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

Nakto

maybe that can help you : in the table ibf_members_converge i I don't have field password_salt , there is only  а converge_id , converge_email , converge_joined , converge_pass_hash , converge_pass_salt

ThorstenE

Quote from: Nakto on October 20, 2012, 09:27:12 AM
without any changes
You'd better checked my file:

ALTER TABLE {$to_prefix}members
CHANGE COLUMN passwd passwd varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
CHANGE COLUMN password_salt password_salt varchar(64) NOT NULL default '';

Quote from: Nakto on October 20, 2012, 09:39:42 AM
maybe that can help you : in the table ibf_members_converge i I don't have field password_salt , there is only  а converge_id , converge_email , converge_joined , converge_pass_hash , converge_pass_salt
password_salt is a field in SMF (table smf_members)

Which charset / language is your forum?

Nakto

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on October 21, 2012, 03:06:52 AM
Which charset / language is your forum?
IPB and SMF in win-1251 / english

ThorstenE

Quote from: Nakto on October 21, 2012, 04:44:09 AM
win-1251 / english
That's most likely the reason.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to use the "forgotten password" link.

Frank496

I have an ipb sql database and an smf sql database combined as one.  I need to convert the ipb to smf but it seems to cause errors because of duplicate member ids.  Is there a way around this?

R1cho

hi , where can i download the convert.php file? i tried clicking the link on your first post and i just keep going in circles clicking on links  :o

0djvu0

Hi,
i get this error: Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE'
What to do? IPB 2.3.6 use XAMPP

margarett

Are you using this converter?
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0_invision23_converter.zip

In convert.php you should find:

// Attempt to allow big selects, only for mysql so far though.
if ($smcFunc['db_title'] == 'MySQL')
{
$results = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "SELECT @@SQL_BIG_SELECTS, @@SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE", 'security_override');
list($big_selects, $sql_max_join) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($results);

// Only waste a query if its worth it.
if (empty($big_selects) || ($big_selects != 1 && $big_selects != '1'))
$smcFunc['db_query']('', "SET @@SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1", 'security_override');

// Lets set MAX_JOIN_SIZE to something we should
if (empty($sql_max_join) || ($sql_max_join == '18446744073709551615' && $sql_max_join == '18446744073709551615'))
$smcFunc['db_query']('', "SET @@SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE = 18446744073709551615", 'security_override');
}

Remove it.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

martinmike2

Followed the advice posted earlier in this thread and still getting errors.  Converting IP.Board 2.3.5 to SMF 2.0 using the converter available on the site.

the error is:

Converting calendar events...Error in convert script - line 550!
Error in convert script - line 551!
Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (start_date)

Advertisement: