PM Hack

Started by Kerry Jones, January 09, 2005, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Jones

I was wondering if a PM Hack could be made to stop malicious users. I have some details down below:

- Read Member's PMs ( with register agreement notifying pms may be read if a incident occurs )
- Block PMs from other users
- Disable PMs for specific members
- Popup Notification of PM
- Email User of new PM

you may addon to it, but please let me know if this mod is made!

Peter Duggan

Quote from: Kerry Jones on January 09, 2005, 05:17:30 PM
- Read Member's PMs ( with register agreement notifying pms may be read if a incident occurs )

Still seriously controversial.

Quote- Block PMs from other users

Available as standard.

Quote- Disable PMs for specific members

A standard group permission, but there's also a member-specific permissions mod.

Quote- Popup Notification of PM

Available as a mod?

Quote- Email User of new PM

Available as standard.

Kerry Jones

Yes, I know its converstial which is why I insisted in putting it into the register agreement. My SMF is being used as a local government connection and in the past when we were using a asp bulletin board he would launch insults towards me. I'm postive he has launched insults to others via the PM System as well. If this hack is made it will need a modification to the register terms of service to let them know they're private messages to other members may be montiored.

NoRad

Look, here is what you need to do.

1. registration agreement includes legal
2. one party of the PM must submit a notification to the administrator of improper message
3. both parties are notified by an automated message that the message is subject to review (you can include a statement that protects the user by saying due to improper content detected by our automated computer scanning looking for keywords or whatever)...
4. only then is the message is flagged for admin review.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Peter Duggan on January 09, 2005, 05:51:05 PM
Quote- Popup Notification of PM

Available as a mod?

Nope, that one's standard too.

-[Unknown]

Kirby

Also, I have been working on a sound notification on new PM, you can see that in the SMF Coding Discussion board and soon in my package area and the mod center!

Advertisement: