News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.1

Started by bostasp, January 09, 2005, 07:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bostasp

We are happy to bring you SMF 1.0.1. This is a minor release, but contains many bugfixes. As always, we hope this new version is more stable, usable, and generally better than the previous.

We would much appreciate it if you would give us constructive feedback on this release, as well as bug reports.

If you feel you have found a security hole or very serious bug, it is best to email [email protected] to make sure the correct people are notified.  However, if it is not critical, it will be more quickly addressed if it is posted to SMF Coding Discussion or General English Support.  For other problems, please post in the appropriate section of General English Support.

Some of the changes and bugfixes from the previous version (1.0) are:
  • Several minor typos have been fixed.
  • Many issues with attachments and avatar uploads were fixed.
  • Some functions were adding more slashes than necessary; this has been fixed.
  • Copyright notices have been updated for 2005.
  • Minor fixes have been implemented in the XMB, YaBB and YaBB SE converters.
  • Notices regarding PHP5 and some error level indicators were fixed in the error log.
  • Smileys can now have special characters in their descriptive text.

Please see the changelog for a more detailed list of these changes, and more.

If you are upgrading from 1.0, the easiest way to update is through the package manager.  However, if you want to use file uploads, you only need to use the "update" package as it includes only the changed files since 1.0's release. However, if you have any mods installed it would be better to use the "upgrade" package because it contains all the files for an SMF installation. Remember that you can use the "upgrade" package to come from any previous version of SMF. You can also use it to upgrade from YaBB SE.

You can always find information posted here about things like installation, upgrade, and more. The zip files themselves also include manuals. If you would like us to install or upgrade for you, please tell us and we'll try to get right on it.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php

Thanks,
Simple Machines

Jazhawk

DANGIT!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Something broke my board!  (edited out UPGRADE) 
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare autowarn() (previously declared in /home/edivaonl/public_html/blue/Sources/Security.php:189) in /home/edivaonl/public_html/blue/Sources/Security.php on line 243

-Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Quote from: Jazhawk on January 14, 2005, 12:39:03 AM
DANGIT!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Upgrade broke my board!
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare autowarn() (previously declared in /home/edivaonl/public_html/blue/Sources/Security.php:189) in /home/edivaonl/public_html/blue/Sources/Security.php on line 243

-Jazhawk

Looks very much like you installed another modification twice; that's the "warning" mod.

-[Unknown]

Jazhawk

After the upgrade, the package manager suggested that the modifications I put in, were no longer there.  If what you say is correct, I assumed I needed to put them back again.

Can this be fixed?

-Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Quote from: Jazhawk on January 14, 2005, 01:14:27 AM
After the upgrade, the package manager suggested that the modifications I put in, were no longer there.  If what you say is correct, I assumed I needed to put them back again.

Can this be fixed?

-Jazhawk

You mean it didn't say they were installed anymore?  This definitely should not be.

If you get an error such as that, the best way to resolve it is to download the upgrade zip file from the downloads page, and upload the files within.

-[Unknown]

Jazhawk

Will do.   BRB.

-Jazhawk

ScorpionRider

Can this be fixed?

-Jazhawk

I had the same problem before with the Package manager telling me there were no modifications install, and there were. I assumed this was a problem with the users today mod.

Jazhawk

Quote from: ScorpionRider on January 14, 2005, 01:29:27 AM

Can this be fixed?

-Jazhawk

I had the same problem before with the Package manager telling me there were no modifications install, and there were. I assumed this was a problem with the users today mod.

That is what did it for me.  How did you repair it?  (assuming it's fixed)

-Jazhawk

carhartt

updated via ftp & upgrade.php - no problems! (no mods installed).

nice work!  :)

kind regards,

carhartt.
straight is great! ;)

Jazhawk

Quote from: carhartt on January 14, 2005, 01:31:42 AM
updated via ftp & upgrade.php - no problems! (no mods installed).

nice work!  :)

kind regards,

carhartt.

Just tried that.  didn't work for me.  Now I'm even more depressed.  :-\

-Jazhawk

Nidoking

I seamlessly upgraded the new version onto my forum, even with several mod packages already installed. Thanks for the prompt and secure new version!

Jazhawk

I used the debug option and everything was successful.  No errors for this upgrade.  Then I click the link to go to the forum and I get the same error.

-Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Quote from: Jazhawk on January 14, 2005, 01:38:35 AM
I used the debug option and everything was successful.  No errors for this upgrade.  Then I click the link to go to the forum and I get the same error.

-Jazhawk

And you're certain you upgraded _all_ the files in the zip file to the folders they're meant to be in, especially Security.php to Sources/?

-[Unknown]

Grek.Kamchatka

Thq very much!)) It's work)
QuoteCopyright notices have been updated for 2005.
It seems to me that this is mistake. As was 2004 and remained.
http://online2000.ru/board/index.php

TaGBaN

V.I.P., that is because that is from the configuration. That is the 'Copyright' that you can customize and stuff. You wouldn't want an upgrade to overwrite SQL Files, some other forums change that, to indicate thier content copyrights, etc.

You can change that manually, but im sure he means commented copyright tags, or copyright notices in administrative areas.

~Tag

Nidoking

Quote from: V.I.P.class on January 14, 2005, 01:44:56 AM
Thq very much!)) It's work)
QuoteCopyright notices have been updated for 2005.
It seems to me that this is mistake. As was 2004 and remained.
http://online2000.ru/board/index.php
That's odd... My forum has an updated copyright notice on it. [Up to 2005.]

Jazhawk

[Unknown]

That did it man.  I'm upgraded and my board is back.

You saved my tacos once again!  Thanx  And my date says 2001-2005.

-Jazhawk

n704fn

Upgraded using Package Manager.  Works great!

Thanks again ;)

Grek.Kamchatka

Thanks, I have understood

hm1973

Ok, I upgraded fine but the Copyright information needs to be modified, can someone explain how i can do this.

Many thanks

Advertisement: