Custom Profile Field Questions

Started by KCToker, May 11, 2008, 01:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCToker

Hi, I've been messing around with the Custom Profile Fields, and I've been wondering some things:

• Can I  make a Custom Field display in a topic? (IE, say I have a field called "Country of Origin" and I want the user's country to display the the left of their post where things like Post Count and Membergroup are stored)
  • Is there a way to make a special type of output? (IE, one field asks for, say, your MySpace profile number (best general example I could think of, don't kill me :P). It takes that number, attaches it to the end of a URL, and outputs the completed link to the Profile page).

• As a sub-question to the previous one, can I link to profile fields? (Using the previous MySpace example again, can I have one field ask for the ID number, then another ask for user name, then have it take the number, complete the URL, then use the Username as the text for the hyperlink?)

Thanks for any help!

aldo

I am not sure about #2, but for #1 when making of modifying one, and tick the box Show on Topic View

KCToker

Quote from: aldo on May 11, 2008, 02:01:37 AM
I am not sure about #2, but for #1 when making of modifying one, and tick the box Show on Topic View

Thanks! I actually thought I had that checked, but it still wasn't doing anything. Oh well, might be a bug, or I just remember stuff wrong :P, either way, works now.

haschi

Hi!

Why do the "Custom of profiles Fields" stored in table "theme" and "settings", not in "members"?

Advertisement: